Make Your Own Tools Thread.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok a lot of folks showing interest in the deer antler Opinels i have been doing so did a step by step tutorial when i made Flackos one.Posting here to keep all my stuff on one thread.   Use surclip

Thanks Guys, Glad you like them.   Heres the latest made it today. It's a Opinel No 12. Carved a wolf paw on the end of the handle.              

Thanks again for the feedback, hope i didn't bore you with too much detail. Job now complete, couple of pics with stove fitted and first fire, works a treat and much more efficient/ controllable than

Posted Images

I snatched a bit of time here and there over the last week to do a bit more on the drop point.

Blue denim/ red fleece micarta cast direct on the handle.

P1060735_zpsaovefteo.jpg

P1060736_zpsqrchrccq.jpg

Roughed out on the bandsaw

P1060737_zpskbjalg1f.jpg

Micarta shaped up and polished.

P1060764_zpsjhqh0rvh.jpg

P1060777_zpsfmvsp5wl.jpg

Knife nearing completion.

P1060762_zpslr8megec.jpg

P1060769_zpsyzjlyazm.jpg

1980s back patches mullets denim waist coats the knife would go well.i can imagine adam ant with this.top class.the rock sets it off also.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I no its not of the quality of the knife makers on here but when the handle finally rotted away on the garden shit shovel i had a length of hazel from a off cut on a catty fork so I drew round my hand and carved a new handle for it, waste not want not and all that, custom shit shovel done

post-102539-0-28645400-1498470679_thumb.jpg

post-102539-0-07295400-1498470691_thumb.jpg

post-102539-0-02149400-1498470705_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Email from Photobucket today......changed their policy on photo hosting for 3rd party.......will block all photo's unless i subscribe......$400 a year which won't be happening :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Looks like it might be the end of this thread as all photos are blocked. :hmm:

Speak a about ransom scam....will be a lot of unhappy people :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: .....everyone.....bombard their emails with spam :whistling:

ATB

Griff.

Email from Photobucket today......changed their policy on photo hosting for 3rd party.......will block all photo's unless i subscribe......$400 a year which won't be happening :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Looks like it might be the end of this thread as all photos are blocked. :hmm:

Speak a about ransom scam....will be a lot of unhappy people :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: .....everyone.....bombard their emails with spam :whistling:

ATB

Griff.

f**k 'em off Griff :yes:

....... Money grabbing twats.

Don't stop posting - You can just upload from your library with the new limit on here mate.

...... I know I'm not the only one that likes seeing your work on here :good:

I will order a genuine Griff knife one of these days :yes::thumbs:

...... Crack on mate - Atb

• Like 2
  • 7 months later...
On 2/23/2018 at 20:06, lee said:

Bit of a bummer all the pics are down mate......

Yes Lee bit sickening indeed...fair bit of time went in posting pics etc...but a lot of folk enjoyed it so didn't mind....the thread had a fair good run with the 2nd highest post/views in the craft section, only outstripped by Midnight "At the forge day & Night". Ah well all good things must come to an end.

I will post the occasional thing on here but it all seems to be a bit dead now...back in the day there was a fair bit of banter as soon as you posted something up. Don't know if it is the new website putting folk off or if they have just moved on to other places F.B etc. For me Facebook is not my thing but each to his own. I do post my knives over on Edge Matters under same user name if anyone is interested and i did transfer a lot of my kifey pics to Flikr if anyone wants a browse feel free (Terry is not my name;)). https://www.flickr.com/photos/154623046@N06/

• Like 2