Make Your Own Tools Thread.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok a lot of folks showing interest in the deer antler Opinels i have been doing so did a step by step tutorial when i made Flackos one.Posting here to keep all my stuff on one thread.   Use surclip

Thanks Guys, Glad you like them.   Heres the latest made it today. It's a Opinel No 12. Carved a wolf paw on the end of the handle.              

Thanks again for the feedback, hope i didn't bore you with too much detail. Job now complete, couple of pics with stove fitted and first fire, works a treat and much more efficient/ controllable than

Posted Images

Fancied trying a bit of stone carving so made these tools up from a coil spring. Not tried tried them yet but it was fun making them. ;)

DSCN6995_zpssntvjfun.jpg

Please show us the results when you do "use them." A stone bird bath in granite would be a good place to start. ;):laugh:

TC

• Like 1

Made up a couple of more pointy ones for detailed work.

DSCN7011_zps5kbgefpo.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys, sorry to disappoint you, not quite a Leonardo Da Vinci but they do work! Might try something a bit more 3d when i am not on my lunch break. ;)

DSCN7012_zpsedya1p6o.jpg

Edited by GruffaloGriff
  • Like 9

Bit different this one, another one of those ideas that has rattled around in my head for years. A wind powered stone polishing tumbler. Living remote north of Scotland, not many trees and constant sea breeze seemed like a good project.

DSCN7015_zpscalduynm.jpg

No disrespect to disabled badge holders, just happened to be the perfect rudder and it was on the skip!

DSCN7018_zpsuhbpxbml.jpg

Made up from scrap bits, bike head tube/ bearings, bike hub, printer rollers, sign, bit of garage door arm, cutting of 8" drainage pipe & stop ends. Think i did pay for the stop ends, all else off the skip. Oh and made the propeller blades out of thin pitch pine recycled from a door panel or something and turned nose cone out of oak on the lathe.

DSCN7020_zpssgerevcg.jpg

At the moment my daughter is using it to tumble beach pebbles she is making into necklaces. Bored first with a small diamond core drill then in the tumbler to smooth off any chips where the drill exits. This one hasn't been tumbled yet but gives you an idea of what they will be like. There are 25 or so in the tumbler just now. Lace is a 3mm leather thong. They will all be ready and for sale in a weeks time if anyone interested.

Edited by GruffaloGriff
  • Like 3

Bit different this one, another one of those ideas that has rattled around in my head for years. A wind powered stone polishing tumbler. Living remote north of Scotland, not many trees and constant sea breeze seemed like a good project.

DSCN7015_zpscalduynm.jpg

No disrespect to disabled badge holders, just happened to be the perfect rudder and it was on the skip!

DSCN7018_zpsuhbpxbml.jpg

Made up from scrap bits, bike head tube/ bearings, bike hub, printer rollers, sign, bit of garage door arm, cutting of 8" drainage pipe & stop ends. Think i did pay for the stop ends, all else off the skip. Oh and made the propeller blades out of thin pitch pine recycled from a door panel or something and turned nose cone out of oak on the lathe.

DSCN7020_zpssgerevcg.jpg

At the moment my daughter is using it to tumble beach pebbles she is making into necklaces. Bored first with a small diamond core drill then in the tumbler to smooth off any chips where the drill exits. This one hasn't been tumbled yet but gives you an idea of what they will be like. There are 25 or so in the tumbler just now. Lace is a 3mm leather thong. They will all be ready and for sale in a weeks time if anyone interested.

I don't think there is a box made that you cannot think outside of. :thumbs:

TC