Sign in to follow this  
chrisbrown86

Ferreting Permission Derbyshire

Hi all my names Chris I'm 28 and had over ten years experience.. Iv been going with my mate ferreting on his permissions which im very greatful for behe doesn't seem to be interested in going that much anymore so I'm doing a lot of waiting around for him to go.. So I have decided to try and get my own iv knocked on a fair few farmers door around my area without any luck so I thought I'd give it ago.. I respect all land and livestock and only use ferrets and nets but I also have an r10 which I use for any shooting that may arise... Thanks for having a read if any one has anything please reply or pm me thanks guys chris

Thanks its so hard trying to get any permissions my friends quite lucky as he maintains farming machinery so he has a chance to build their trust.. I may have to start looking further a field if nothing comes up.... Chris

If only you were closer, I have a few farms I would happily sign over to you

Good luck finding somewhere. I bet there will be loads of lads on here who are keen to help you out with free permission

Try all the horsey people in your area. Have a look at equestrian centres, breeding stables and the like. They don't much like Brer Rabbit. Try to get some photos with you, your ferret and a few rabbits handily caught on some horse paddock. Leave them as calling cards and who knows, you might just get that phone call.Don't forget to leave your phone number. Jok.

Thanks for the advice guys good idea about the photos.. I'm off out again knocking tomorrow after work.. The missus will think iv got another woman :) I may ask my friend who I go with as his permission is on some rented estate land and see if the farmer could write a reference too that may help

Been knocking on a few tonight with no avail.. Didn't realise it was that hard.. Folk are so lucky who have it[/quote

Obviously got to try harder and its pointless knocking all the doors in your area if your saying the wrong things.

One piece of my permission is just over a mile by two miles square and it is lifting with rabbit and hare. . . sounds great doesn't it, what if I told you it took 9 committed years to get it. IMO this is trying hard.

I wish you atb and good luck.

Edited by Fieldsporthunter
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this