• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was doing a bit of pest control today on a fishery in Deeside,North Wales when a swallow spent ten minutes catching flies off the edge of the trees around the lake, so in my book that makes it sprin

That is a early bird , last year was the 6th of April when i saw my 1st. Chiffchaffs are starting to arrive and today i ringed a Tawny owl who we know has a clutch of 4 eggs, my nest box has Robins

Chances of me seeing a swallow on Mothers day are virtually nil. Usually have to wait till Father's Day in these parts!

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, mattyg said:

Saw my first on 8th April this year, 13th April last year

Are u in UK matty. Last year they were settled in my stable 2nd of April as I'd just got new filly .that's how I'm getting the dates .. snow must have hit them hard 

Sat watching the telly last night and heard the familiar squealing noise of the swifts, bit early I,m thinking as the misses runs outside to see the first arrivals, she came back in 5 mins later saying she could not see or hear them, meanwhile I rewound the TV program to the same point and realised they were in the background on the tv, Doah  

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Sat watching the telly last night and heard the familiar squealing noise of the swifts, bit early I,m thinking as the misses runs outside to see the first arrivals, she came back in 5 mins later saying she could not see or hear them, meanwhile I rewound the TV program to the same point and realised they were in the background on the tv, Doah  

Did something similar happen when you watched the lion King.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

Did something similar happen when you watched the lion King.

I'm with greyman on the big cat issue but fair play that was funny as f**k ???

• Like 3