Tips For Longnetting Hares.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leverets will be left if you relocate now..saying that they breed most months. if i was doing it id leave it to october and use some well placed Gate nets (or simular) and a spaniel or lab .   Edite

they'd be the crush factor to consider even in a hessian sack, theres no support in a sack it might hold a hare or six hares and the sack changes shape, moving anything live and animal welfare comes f

IMO if you've never netted hares before I would certainly get some one who experienced to help you. If hares are driven on their own terms you'll be surprised how few beaters you'd need but if you wa

2 foot long 6 inch soil pipe with stop ends and air holes drilled for ventilation the hares should be restricted in their movement and in darkness so they dont get stressed.

I got bit pipe just less than 8" it should make a handy transport box

Best time to net hares is at night on the lamp.Suss out the area for a few days and find there runs,gaps in hedges,bridges,gates and all you will need is maybe 1 person along with you to be ready to get to the net as a hare can kill itself jumping about before it gets rightly tangled up.I also think it is less stressfull when done at night.When taking hares out of nets hold them just under the back leg and if there squeeling throw the sack over there head and they stop,little bit of a stick in there gob will stop them from biting as they do give a nasty bite.

WHAT A LOAD OF BULLSHIT

Well Micky you must know best so but,i always found it a lot easier to run a hare to a net at night then in daylight,jmo.

It may

Best time to net hares is at night on the lamp.Suss out the area for a few days and find there runs,gaps in hedges,bridges,gates and all you will need is maybe 1 person along with you to be ready to get to the net as a hare can kill itself jumping about before it gets rightly tangled up.I also think it is less stressfull when done at night.When taking hares out of nets hold them just under the back leg and if there squeeling throw the sack over there head and they stop,little bit of a stick in there gob will stop them from biting as they do give a nasty bite.

WHAT A LOAD OF BULLSHIT

Well Micky you must know best so but,i always found it a lot easier to run a hare to a net at night then in daylight,jmo.

It may come as a suprise but i don't know best but perhaps i know little more than you! .....BIT OF STICK IN THERE GOB INDEED

It may

WHAT A LOAD OF BULLSHIT

It may come as a suprise but i don't know best but perhaps i know little more than you! .....BIT OF STICK IN THERE GOB INDEED

must admit iv give them something to chew on a few times when they been having a go at my nets

It may

WHAT A LOAD OF BULLSHIT

Seems we all have different ways and means of doing things,worked for me but sure what would i know,anyway its illegal to net hares here unless you have a permit.