Sign in to follow this  
Gtbaker369

South Yorkshire Permission

Hi all,

I live a village called Rossington near Doncaster, Bawtry, Tickhill.

I'm after a bit of Rabbiting if anyone has any.

I have a Shotgun and a BSA Super 10, I also can Ferret and Snare etc so whatever is needed or preferred I am able to do.

I have done a lot of rough shooting and lamping and also have looked after land near stables so can hunt safely around horses etc.

I can guarantee a bottle of Sloe Gin at Christmas.

I am happy to meet and discuss as if understand permission isn't just given to a stranger over a website or I will call to talk.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Thank you in advance

George

• Like 1

I wish you all the best, but I'd start knocking on farmers doors... It's taken me well over over ten years to get decent ground.. I assume most people with land have invested a similar amount of hard work building relationships up with land owners and are unlikely to allow others on ground...

Don't know not a bad idea that to put a permission wanted add on a hunting site wish I had of thaught of that would of saved me years of hard work ;)

Having said that, when I move, someone better give me permission immediately. Can't be arsed with all that door knocking.

Just to clear things up, since I have moved my to the village I have knocked on near enough every single farmers door that I know of or can catch them in and the general reply is that they have already got someone doing their rabbiting which is fair enough. I left them with my details if they needed me for the future.

I managed to get myself some pigeon shooting but only while the usual guy was away.

I have posted my request on here as to try a different angle and not as a shortcut or because I can't be arsed to knock on doors.

Anyway my apologise if I have come across in the wrong way

Whist you've secured a permission while the other chap is away make sure you do a good job and the landowner can see your doing a good job It may now lead to a permanent place on that land but may lead to others as word gets around.

Show your keen be respectful and do a better job than the normal lad ;)

That's exactly what I was hoping to happen, I followed his instructions about always letting him know the day before and also when I arrive.

The usual lad is back now so I'm just hoping I hear something in the future as I have expressed my preferred interest in Rabbits but am willing to help out with whatever he needs.

Like I said, I'm just trying another avenue to see if I could source anywhere.

Cheers

most farmland around you is run by estates best try a bit further afield its a nightmare i am from sheffield got some land but not a lot of rabbits good luck

Sign in to follow this