Kenneling A Dog

I (fingers crossed) gettingm my first gundog later on in the year. I would like the dog to be kennelled when I am not at home. He wont be kennelled at night, but will be after walks when wet and muddy, and when I am out at work all day.

I have a kennel and run being built at the minute, it will have a 4ft by 4ft bedding aread and a 6ft by 4ft run.

I want to know when do I start getting the pup used to being in a kennel and run, how do i start training him so he likes being in the kennel, and most importantly learns to be quiet in there?

Straight away, every dog was an open book as a pup , we write the script for it,

Plenty of good grub , don't reward bad behaviour, whining or yapping by making an appearance ,

Don't let the pup out when excited let it calm first , dogs believe whatever state they in is what made something happen , if you let him out when excited he will be drawn to excitement as a positive mindset ,

Best of luck

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Straight away, every dog was an open book as a pup , we write the script for it,

Plenty of good grub , don't reward bad behaviour, whining or yapping by making an appearance ,

Don't let the pup out when excited let it calm first , dogs believe whatever state they in is what made something happen , if you let him out when excited he will be drawn to excitement as a positive mindset ,

Best of luck

Good point Casso, never thought of it like that always just took it as they were pleased to see me