• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DOES A MASTER BUTCHER HAVE ONLY ONE KNIFE?

I don't understand this bit about Elastoplast. Didn't have a problem setting them. But I used them in different jobs for a couple of months and ended up throwing them on the 'useless traps pile'. Too

I really, really want to like the Traplines; I think the design’s innovative, they’re so quick and easy to set, they last forever and they’re so small you can keep enough in your pockets to do a domes

Take some elastoplast with you :laugh:

Ha ha , i know EXACTLY , what you mean,..

Dear old 'Fidgety' off here sent me a couple to play with :yes: a very kind gesture, I must say, but I wondered why he put a sticking plaster in the parcel with the traps right up to the point where I first set one :laugh:

Not for me I'm afraid :no: It's 'Dodgy Duffus' or Talpex down here right now... until we get the new 'wonder trap' :thumbs:

Dear old 'Fidgety' off here sent me a couple to play with :yes: a very kind gesture, I must say, but I wondered why he put a sticking plaster in the parcel with the traps right up to the point where I first set one :laugh:

Not for me I'm afraid :no: It's 'Dodgy Duffus' or Talpex down here right now... until we get the new 'wonder trap' :thumbs:

I hear you , mate. (know where your coming, from) lol

I hear you , mate. (know where your coming, from) lol

& it still doesnt feel ,.....quite right. (probably never will) so i will be looking forward, to the "improved" duffus ? lol

nearly took me feckin fingers off lol,i need more practice with these not a chance of setting them with cold fingers.

May have to set them prior in the van with the heater on.

Plus I'm looking forward to taking it to the club tomorrow when I get done, few daft sods bust their fingers with the talpex today.

lets see what tomorrows exercise brings as they work out how to set one .

I like them myself, most of the time when they go in the ground they do there job, they just work out a bit expensive when you need 2 to do the job of one barrel or talpex, they have pulled me out of a mire once or twice.

When i first got some sent from the states i used to give them to lads to see if they could set them, they thought it was a mental agility test, most failed.

Brian

I don't understand this bit about Elastoplast. Didn't have a problem setting them. But I used them in different jobs for a couple of months and ended up throwing them on the 'useless traps pile'. Too many foul captures and blocked tunnels. The Putange is far superior in every way for the job a Trapline does.

• Like 2

I really, really want to like the Traplines; I think the design’s innovative, they’re so quick and easy to set, they last forever and they’re so small you can keep enough in your pockets to do a domestic job without carrying round a bag/bucket.

The massive draw-backs are the large amount of foul catches and the moles that actually escape from the traps, leaving nothing but a tuft of hair between the jaws (and you have a job catching those ones again).

More recently I’ve almost always used Putange instead of Traplines (except in one specific type of tunnel; that I’m not prepared to give away on an open forum – sorry).

I know the inventor of Traplines reads this forum: so I’d like to ask that when they are updated he might consider:

A stronger spring.

A much ‘taller’ trigger

Longer jaws with an extra bend in them; so they curve further up and round the inside of the mole’s tunnel.

If Traplines killed as cleanly as Putange, I personally, would use them far more than any other trap.

• Like 2