Alsation X Greyhound

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

got 1 mate, Buck 1x gsd x grey 2 1 /2 year old 28in odd lb, yery powerful with strong jaw with good feet+coat, and good stamina . One thing as surprised me with this x, is how agile+fast h

I am happy with the dog, he going well catches bit of stuff, so put it on here and its a hunting forum , that's what its for, you do what suits you I do what suits me, it big old web site for eve

Here's my bitch hopefully does the job for me she was doing well for a young dog last season well as good as could be expected started her earlier then I generally would be I had my reasons for that m

Posted Images

If I've got it right wasn't the Alsatian the first to be used to create a lurcher by a guy named lord Alford in 1856???? I'm sure I remember reading about it in countryman's weekly a few years back

Nope the bull terrier was put into coursing greyhounds to give them some fire ,that was lord orford? I think .

But I think some drovers or rural types had lurcher types before then.

Highland Stalkers had collie x deerhounds as well.

I personally think a nice fast busy coursing bitch with a decent gear box and mouth, with buck across that would make handy dogs for a bit of everything.

Im guess it would be good blend like the c/s/g

but tougher and stronger already done this types xs and they are what's expected atb bunnys

I personally think a nice fast busy coursing bitch with a decent gear box and mouth, with buck across that would make handy dogs for a bit of everything.

but tougher and stronger already done this types xs and they are what's expected atb bunnys

Good, Any picture's of them? What were they like say compared to the c/s/g, no doubt they be very much the same just with maybe a little more go in them ? but in which way. what's there temp's like working and not? sound's like an interesting mix to me and one that i like the sound of i like the c/s/g they suit me so could also see theses been of some use. regards

My pal bred his bitch, saluki, grey alsation to a merlin/eve bred dog few yrs ago, some of the quickest tuned in running dogs I've ever seen run. A x I would have if I ever get another runner for sure. Atb dc

Often thought about another but they never crop up at time I'm looking,

Only thing that really held me back is concerns I would keep comparing it to my first shepherd x greyhound and I would ruin it .

My pal bred his bitch, saluki, grey alsation to a merlin/eve bred dog few yrs ago, some of the quickest tuned in running dogs I've ever seen run. A x I would have if I ever get another runner for sure. Atb dc

Only thing that really held me back is concerns I would keep comparing it to my first shepherd x greyhound and I would ruin it .

What was your old dog like ? Why would you ruin it if your first done ok for you ? Not nit picking genuinely interested.

What was your old dog like ? Why would you ruin it if your first done ok for you ? Not nit picking genuinely interested.
Best dog I ever had an probably ever will ,I don't think another could hold a candle to her an I would be worried about getting frustrated over it an blaming the dog,silly I know.

post-1321-0-50481300-1506263545.jpg

Best dog I ever had an probably ever will ,I don't think another could hold a candle to her an I would be worried about getting frustrated over it an blaming the dog,silly I know.

Not my type of dog mate gotta be honest but i do like some of the mali or herder crosses for certain jobs.

just wondered why you rated it so highly did it do the lot or was it lacking in some areas ? Or just a good honest dog ?

Good, Any picture's of them? What were they like say compared to the c/s/g, no doubt they be very much the same just with maybe a little more go in them ? but in which way. what's there temp's like working and not? sound's like an interesting mix to me and one that i like the sound of i like the c/s/g they suit me so could also see theses been of some use. regards
. No soon has the saluki blood hits the xs they steady right up but retain plenty intelligence and some prefer other things than others but can all run and are types around the twenty six mark males bitches abit smaller no udesireable traits that can be got from Salukis in fact these we bred retained plenty phenotype of the saluki some looked just like sal greys races but strong much like good strong coursing types,good type and they are cooler and recover quicker than the straight alsation grey ,but that was expected and hoped for in using a coursing type on a bitch ,I have been offered the use of a fast hairy Ozzie bred type fa jaz that's a good fast killer we will see in time but but yas right they are usually a good type for a man wanting abit of edible and of course they will run abit compared to most other base xes they can hold there own .atb bunnys.

Easy to train ,bonded well,could read its reactions ,dog had its faults constantly needed refreshers onstock breaking also was twitchy around joggers an cyclists honestly don't know if she wasn't on a lead if she would tried pulling one down.

This was better pic when she was lot older

. Some of those we bred were the same twitchy joggers bikes even steam fecking trains ,but the little bitch I have from that line his bomb proof trust around anything when told no she would live with anything and be trusted she still has a little growl in her throat but usually they wrong uns she has the gift ta know a wrong un.how about a animal that reacts on a thought of its handler possible. Definitely there always special ones that come along.atb bunnys.