Alsation X Greyhound

Just been reading some old stuff on this cross,just wondering is there or has anyone on the site ever worked or seen one working,read that aguy called steve barton ran 2 inthe lurcher trials a few years ago,the dogs were called rooney and musket, and were born by artificial insemination,like the labrador x why has this cross fellout of favour,iwould think it would be handy if bred the right way,another guy called battams used them with sucess i believe.

Steve came out to Nz and is doing full time rabbit control now.Hes bred his dog (1/2 GSD 1/2 Greyhound )Zapper back to a pure greyhound .The off spring were very racey,but not my type of dog ,he now breeds White GS which he also works in the field again not my type of dog.[/quote some of the best dogs that I grew up listening of nights and days big amounts of rabbits hares foxes deer were all dogs with gsd in the blood and like a lot of people have already said they have been used for many years and are still being worked and tested to this day everybodies got there own poison ?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

got 1 mate, Buck 1x gsd x grey 2 1 /2 year old 28in odd lb, yery powerful with strong jaw with good feet+coat, and good stamina . One thing as surprised me with this x, is how agile+fast h

I am happy with the dog, he going well catches bit of stuff, so put it on here and its a hunting forum , that's what its for, you do what suits you I do what suits me, it big old web site for eve

Here's my bitch hopefully does the job for me she was doing well for a young dog last season well as good as could be expected started her earlier then I generally would be I had my reasons for that m

Posted Images

Just been reading some old stuff on this cross,just wondering is there or has anyone on the site ever worked or seen one working,read that aguy called steve barton ran 2 inthe lurcher trials a few years ago,the dogs were called rooney and musket, and were born by artificial insemination,like the labrador x why has this cross fellout of favour,iwould think it would be handy if bred the right way,another guy called battams used them with sucess i believe.

Steve came out to Nz and is doing full time rabbit control now.Hes bred his dog (1/2 GSD 1/2 Greyhound )Zapper back to a pure greyhound .The off spring were very racey,but not my type of dog ,he now breeds White GS which he also works in the field again not my type of dog.[/quote some of the best dogs that I grew up listening of nights and days big amounts of rabbits hares foxes deer were all dogs with gsd in the blood and like a lot of people have already said they have been used for many years and are still being worked and tested to this day everybodies got there own poison

. Worked a good few of these types and seen a good few more they like most xes some better at some jobs than others but they all like preban venison some like all teeth not just Charlie I knew offa bitch that hit just the liking fa teeth above all else but I believe the Malinois are beyond Alsatians fa a base fa lurchers and I have had a few alsation xes they all took Charlie But the tough mentality stands out fa me with the Malinois take discipline better not a sensitive and the dive really strong the litter of Malinois. Lurcher xes are all seemingly taking to work very naturally ,and all good reports coming back .fa me the right Malinois his the bull xes herder in one complete package use what sed in the uk now fa the benefits of the modern lurcher there's a good few lurched folk up and down the uk doing just that. Atb bunnys.

Had this cross when we were younger fist cross,,a bitch made about 25" excellent lamper and more speed than you would expect, she lifted plenty of winter hares during the day,,(we don't have large open fields),she only started doing fox when she got to around 5yr old for some strange reason..

After she died I tried a dog the next time but he went very heavy and big, didn't make the grade..

But would Def try a bitch again if opportunity arose.. should have old pics somewhere..

• Like 2

Worked a good few of these types and seen a good few more they like most xes some better at some jobs than others but they all like preban venison some like all teeth not just Charlie I knew offa bitch that hit just the liking fa teeth above all else but I believe the Malinois are beyond Alsatians fa a base fa lurchers and I have had a few alsation xes they all took Charlie But the tough mentality stands out fa me with the Malinois take discipline better not a sensitive and the dive really strong the litter of Malinois. Lurcher xes are all seemingly taking to work very naturally ,and all good reports coming back .fa me the right Malinois his the bull xes herder in one complete package use what sed in the uk now fa the benefits of the modern lurcher there's a good few lurched folk up and down the uk doing just that. Atb bunnys.

Just out of curiosity,what do the mal x's tend to be like to live with?

Does the greyhound or lurcher blood calm them down a lot?

Worked a good few of these types and seen a good few more they like most xes some better at some jobs than others but they all like preban venison some like all teeth not just Charlie I knew offa bitch that hit just the liking fa teeth above all else but I believe the Malinois are beyond Alsatians fa a base fa lurchers and I have had a few alsation xes they all took Charlie But the tough mentality stands out fa me with the Malinois take discipline better not a sensitive and the dive really strong the litter of Malinois. Lurcher xes are all seemingly taking to work very naturally ,and all good reports coming back .fa me the right Malinois his the bull xes herder in one complete package use what sed in the uk now fa the benefits of the modern lurcher there's a good few lurched folk up and down the uk doing just that. Atb bunnys.

Just out of curiosity,what do the mal x's tend to be like to live with?

Does the greyhound or lurcher blood calm them down a lot?

. They all individuals some have more drive than others the lurcher or grey does calm them down matter of fact the grey xes are very laid back and seem more docile etc. Of course they need lots a stimulation .and of course if one has other dogs about they will usually take heed of this and follow them in temp etc ,mine guard and that's expected of them and they can take reprimand without skulking about fa a day or two some keep them has house hounds and they live with small dogs cats etc environment and time they are ok if one his young man living it day in day out most nights the mall has all the attributes. In a lurcher to cope with high demands of work some I expect will fail on teeth others not two of the ones we bred have taken flushed fox to the gun and one also gone beyond that single around fifteen mths ,the others bitches took daytime winter long ears flushed for the gun single handed around eleven mths single handed there his other malli xes about I know of straight f1s to grey s and I believe the lurcher xes I seen are beyond them seen a few with coursing dogs and back to bull greys ,they were better for the diversity in the xes.atb bunnys .
  • Like 1

Had this cross when we were younger fist cross,,a bitch made about 25" excellent lamper and more speed than you would expect, she lifted plenty of winter hares during the day,,(we don't have large open fields),she only started doing fox when she got to around 5yr old for some strange reason..

After she died I tried a dog the next time but he went very heavy and big, didn't make the grade..

But would Def try a bitch again if opportunity arose.. should have old pics somewhere..

put ya pick up polly pocket there may be some malli lurchers next spring according to the grape vine .atb bunnys.
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
attachicon.gifimage.jpeg. What will be will be atb bunnys

Is he a half x?

Very racy if he is.

. Yes but sire a lurcher dam a Malinois Knpv atb bunnys.[/quote.

So it isn't a first cross then ???

. Why not socks it's still f1breeding Lurcher ta malli , the vigour a plenty my advice ta you don't get to caught up with purity when breeding livestock fa work or fa anything fa that matter . That animal will thrive with lots a work day night or straight through double shifts ,unlike some shite bred that Cana hack the demands of graft wintertime be no fear of that animal withering away on a few missions out ,if thy feel yas need some advice when yas breed thy next bunny brasher don't be coy inbox me I'll freely advice thee lol tit ,atb bunnys.

I wouldn't want bull in one,the litter of collie/mali lurcher GVC dog sired looked more suitable for what I would want/need.

. There's no bull in that mall xs above they saluki Lurcher xstop working line Malinois. Gvc Malinois grey xs bred from a kc type Malinois I know the fella who bred them ,I declined the dam has a gift before they were bred .may mean nothing to some ,but to me it does he may have got lucky with his , atb bunnys