Alsation X Greyhound

• 2 years later...

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

got 1 mate, Buck 1x gsd x grey 2 1 /2 year old 28in odd lb, yery powerful with strong jaw with good feet+coat, and good stamina . One thing as surprised me with this x, is how agile+fast h

I am happy with the dog, he going well catches bit of stuff, so put it on here and its a hunting forum , that's what its for, you do what suits you I do what suits me, it big old web site for eve

Here's my bitch hopefully does the job for me she was doing well for a young dog last season well as good as could be expected started her earlier then I generally would be I had my reasons for that m

Posted Images

Not seen Birds Buck working but had pleasure of walking with him & his dogs & was suprised how agile Buck was for such a big powerfull dog & superb temperament. Atb

i am sure bird would have a night out in the season mate and show the dog working. he enjoys a night out still does bird.

• Like 1

Just been reading some old stuff on this cross,just wondering is there or has anyone on the site ever worked or seen one working,read that aguy called steve barton ran 2 inthe lurcher trials a few years ago,the dogs were called rooney and musket, and were born by artificial insemination,like the labrador x why has this cross fellout of favour,iwould think it would be handy if bred the right way,another guy called battams used them with sucess i believe.

Steve came out to Nz and is doing full time rabbit control now.Hes bred his dog (1/2 GSD 1/2 Greyhound )Zapper back to a pure greyhound .The off spring were very racey,but not my type of dog ,he now breeds White GS which he also works in the field again not my type of dog.

They allwYs beemn used right back to early sixties ,just don't suit lots a lurcher folk mainly because how they look not how they perform. Steve Barton put them in the public eye,and batons did the serious work with his animal and very good his animal proved to be .atb bunnys.

They allwYs beemn used right back to early sixties ,just don't suit lots a lurcher folk mainly because how they look not how they perform. Steve Barton put them in the public eye,and batons did the serious work with his animal and very good his animal proved to be .atb bunnys.

Was batan's dog a 1st cross gsd/grey? I read somewhere years ago that it wasn't, I think it might've been in the shooting times, as it was called then, countryman's weekly now