Alsation X Greyhound

Just been reading some old stuff on this cross,just wondering is there or has anyone on the site ever worked or seen one working,read that aguy called steve barton ran 2 inthe lurcher trials a few years ago,the dogs were called rooney and musket, and were born by artificial insemination,like the labrador x why has this cross fellout of favour,iwould think it would be handy if bred the right way,another guy called battams used them with sucess i believe.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

got 1 mate, Buck 1x gsd x grey 2 1 /2 year old 28in odd lb, yery powerful with strong jaw with good feet+coat, and good stamina . One thing as surprised me with this x, is how agile+fast h

I am happy with the dog, he going well catches bit of stuff, so put it on here and its a hunting forum , that's what its for, you do what suits you I do what suits me, it big old web site for eve

Here's my bitch hopefully does the job for me she was doing well for a young dog last season well as good as could be expected started her earlier then I generally would be I had my reasons for that m

Posted Images

got 1 mate, Buck 1x gsd x grey 2 1 /2 year old 28in 80 odd lb, yery powerful with strong jaw with good feet+coat, and good stamina . One thing as surprised me with this x, is how agile+fast he is for a big dog, he picks rabbits up easy , and will have a go at what ever in front of him .! They are big dogs , and not everybody wants big dog which is ok, but I think this x put to another lurcher or coursing type dog you get some great lurchers, as the Alsatian as lot to offer I think from what Buck like .They like colliex in a lot of ways, being clever type dogs, and got sensitive temp like colliexs have , and Buck good with people+dogs, but in the field hunting there mind set different to a colliex, as the gsd x I find a lot more full on, more grit about them , and ive had colliexs got one now Bryn 1x collie x grey, good dog but as said different . would i have another yes deff if like Buck, or as above gsd x grey x lurcher,/ coursing type

Buck

IMG_03651_zpsjn6mdwuj.jpg

plenty of his night's out, on here now !!

• Like 17

You don't see me on here bigging mine up all the time

I am happy with the dog, he going well catches bit of stuff, so put it on here and its a hunting forum , that's what its for, you do what suits you I do what suits me, it big old web site for everybody .simple as that mate.

• Like 12

I am happy with the dog, he going well catches bit of stuff, so put it on here and its a hunting forum , that's what its for, you do what suits you I do what suits me, it big old web site for everybody .simple as that mate.

ha ha ha

ha ha ha

:thumbs::D

A mate of mine had a good halfx a few years ago.. A very good dog on Fox when it was legal,but after a season or two the dog decided he didnt like teeth after all,but was still good on other stuff..

My mate went back to Bullxs when the dog retired..

• Like 2