Rod Licence

How many of you have had your licence checked, i haven't had mine checked for over 2 year's and i'm thinking should i bother this year, i know it's sods law what will happen if i don't get one :rtfm: i would be over the moon if i got asked for my licence, but would then end up telling him what i think of the e.a. and not doing there job properly, i'm all for a few perk's at work but they are taking the piss, so was just wondering how other angler's get on with them. ps. I will still end up getting one but it pisses me off. :feck:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i was on the top beat of the welsh dee ,llangollen anglers stretch miles away from anywhere stood waist deep salmon fishing , feck me i nearly jumped out of my skin when a EA bailiff asked to see my

I often think it would be good to have a licence option -perhaps for a fiver extra- that allows you to take a mate or family member who doesn't go very often as long as they share a swim with the lic

Who do you think you are going about asking people to show you their licence, one of them honary bailiff's, little hitler's, i mean w*****s, see you on the bank sometime.

I've never been asked for my licence! I've had one every year since I was 12 and legally needed one but have never once been asked to produce it. And I used to fish ALOT every day of the week during the summer when I lived with parents (their house backs on to the canal;) also fished a lot of matches on lots different fisheries and still never been asked. It does feel like a waste of money sometimes but like you say it would be Sod's law that you go without one

• Like 1

Buy one every year without fail. Never been asked to show it, but then I've never even seen an EA bailiff, only local club and private guys who only sell you a day ticket.

I don't think the local fellas have the authority to ask for it even ?

I've never been asked to produce my TV license or driving licence, but I've still got them!

• Like 1

ive been checked several times but only on salmon rivers , went river pikeing last week with small rapalas got 3 big (3lb) brownies put them all back a license is a must even though when i see all the eastern europeans fishing without one it REALLY pisses me off ,thats why i stopped fishing ladybower ,costs me £30 plus a day to fish it legally & them twaxxs are all round the banks for free :censored:

I have to buy 2 to fish 3 rods :censored:

To be fair though, the do come round regular where I am on the south coast. I managed to get rid of them once years ago, even with a mates mother asking if I wanted to use her address if I was having problems verifying my address ffs.. Bought one every year since, even if I havent got any fishing planned.

Its usually the same two EA agents that come round, one of them is always the same and to be fair they are sound guys. They once gave us and a fully loaded tranny van a towed bump start snapping their strop in the process and my mate offered them a 10er which the wouldnt take. Always seem interested about the Polish activity too.

I'm not moaning about a rod licence, i'm moaning over the ea not doing there job, nothing to do with a licence i have had one every year and will carry on having one while i carry on fishing.A local lake had a weed problem that was taking over the lake, the ea were informed that there were problems with fish dying and a lot of other fish gasping for air at the top, did they come out, did they fukc, the local's who most of them don't fish the lake ended up in chest wader's and some without, clearing what they could, it was the height of summer and hot day's so was ok, but the ea should of done something, plus i won't even bother going on about ee's catching coarse fish and taking them for the table, that's my moan for a sunday. I agree with a licence if the money is used in the right way, like already been said rod's and reel's cost plenty along with terminal tackle, i don't use £50 of bait every weekend, i use a lot more than that. :laugh::thumbs: