Ginger Ale/beer "definetley Alcoholic"

I am presently considering buying one of these.

http://www.grainfather.co.uk

they do look good but its the price that puts me off. a mates just bought the 20ltr. brewmiester which is very expensive. im brewing with it this week to try it out.

ill stick the my 3 vessel set-up for now i think as i couldn't justify spending that amount of money on a bit of kit at the moment but one day maybe lol

That's my issue the price, iv just converted a spare fermenter into a kettle to go biab once iv done a few I'll get some shiny stock pot and build a proper job one that will last

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Started 5 gallons on Sunday, piece of p+#s to make and only a tenner to make. 2 kgs of fresh ginger grated, 2 orange, lemon, lime zest and juice, 3kg of sugar, 23lts of water and a sachet of champag

Well bottled it up last night, 45 bottles, 6.6%, not the 7+% it should have been because there was supposed to be only 40 bottles, "school boy error", hopefully haven't lost to much fireyness or depth

what you trying to say about me? Yep, picked her up, bloody scarey place though that Manchester! Everywhere you looked wall to wall burkhas and so many coppers, all toting h+k mp5,s! Thought the tr

Posted Images

I am presently considering buying one of these.http://www.grainfather.co.uk

they do look good but its the price that puts me off. a mates just bought the 20ltr. brewmiester which is very expensive. im brewing with it this week to try it out.

ill stick the my 3 vessel set-up for now i think as i couldn't justify spending that amount of money on a bit of kit at the moment but one day maybe lol

I know those Brewmasters are well over a grand, good quality though.I think I can stretch to £600 for a Grainfather, just waiting to see if there are design problems that need sorting out with these early models.

As I only have kit brewing gear I think I will just go all out and get the Grainfather as these machines take up less space for storage plus it is easier to get consistent brews so you can concentrate on recipes.

• 6 months later...

Started 5 gallons on Sunday, piece of p+#s to make and only a tenner to make.

2 kgs of fresh ginger grated, 2 orange, lemon, lime zest and juice, 3kg of sugar, 23lts of water and a sachet of champagne yeast.

Bubbling like a train, should be fermented out in about eight days total, bottle with teaspoon of caster sugar per bottle and cap. I'll be putting in half a tsp of splenda as well to sweeten slightly as I don't like ir too dry.

You could drink in a couple of weeks but massively improved if you leave a couple of months to bottle condition in a cool place.

Mine should come out between 7/8%.

That's a tidy recapie that mate love ginger ale the none alcoholic one one going to try that will bottle half and distill halfsee what happens think the ginger will come threw well

Tried your recapie today mole trapper smells spot on bubbling away with in the hour only thing I did diffrent was add half a kg of honey and used wine yeast instead of champagne yeast let you no how it turnes out going to bottle half and distill half see what happens thanks for sharing ;-)

Not had any go off yet, just finished the last bottle from the first mash which was done in February. I think as long as you check your final gravity it will be fine, the teaspoon of caster is literally only enough to give some carbonation.

That said, I probably wouldn't use wine bottles, I use proper beer/cider bottles.

• 2 weeks later...