Ginger Ale/beer "definetley Alcoholic"

Started 5 gallons on Sunday, piece of p+#s to make and only a tenner to make.

2 kgs of fresh ginger grated, 2 orange, lemon, lime zest and juice, 3kg of sugar, 23lts of water and a sachet of champagne yeast.

Bubbling like a train, should be fermented out in about eight days total, bottle with teaspoon of caster sugar per bottle and cap. I'll be putting in half a tsp of splenda as well to sweeten slightly as I don't like ir too dry.

You could drink in a couple of weeks but massively improved if you leave a couple of months to bottle condition in a cool place.

Mine should come out between 7/8%.

• Like 5

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Started 5 gallons on Sunday, piece of p+#s to make and only a tenner to make. 2 kgs of fresh ginger grated, 2 orange, lemon, lime zest and juice, 3kg of sugar, 23lts of water and a sachet of champag

Well bottled it up last night, 45 bottles, 6.6%, not the 7+% it should have been because there was supposed to be only 40 bottles, "school boy error", hopefully haven't lost to much fireyness or depth

what you trying to say about me? Yep, picked her up, bloody scarey place though that Manchester! Everywhere you looked wall to wall burkhas and so many coppers, all toting h+k mp5,s! Thought the tr

Posted Images

Well bottled it up last night, 45 bottles, 6.6%, not the 7+% it should have been because there was supposed to be only 40 bottles, "school boy error", hopefully haven't lost to much fireyness or depth of flavour. Worked out 33p a bottle.

post-5478-0-51831500-1425458374_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Well bottled it up last night, 45 bottles, 6.6%, not the 7+% it should have been because there was supposed to be only 40 bottles, "school boy error", hopefully haven't lost to much fireyness or depth of flavour. Worked out 33p a bottle.

Drop mine off when your passing and I'll have a look at the van LOL

Cheers, D.

962D6BB1-B483-4442-9964-4E3AA88A8017.jpg

It's all done time to wait it out now fingers crossed this is my 1st go at this a little help from the father in law and my mother in law so we shall see

It's bubbling away

Edited by urbanfly
  • Like 1