F.a.c Wording

On my last FAC, my rimfires and 223 were conditioned for: "Vermin, including fox, ground game and any other lawful quarry."

The latest version of this is simply: "Any legal quarry."

Do you reckon it's the same thing worded differently?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just the same, if its legal to shoot, IE not protected, or a minimum calibre specified in law, crack on old son

ffs walshie i can do that with my .22 smk

As long as it's in the legal calibre category it's in season or its vermin I would take it and no ask too many questions some times being vaguely worded is our best friend

"Any Legal Quarry"?. Sounds a bit vague to me mate, especially since your last one included the word "Fox". ...... There again though, what do I know? :hmm:

My force won't allow rimfires for fox, so my rimfire section only states "Any other legal quarry".

On my last FAC, my rimfires and 223 were conditioned for: "Vermin, including fox, ground game and any other lawful quarry."

Elephant hunting with the HMR at the local zoo then? With permission obviously :whistling:

Elephant hunting with the HMR at the local zoo then? With permission obviously :whistling:

"You're going to need a bigger boat!". :icon_eek:

Now you're being ridiculous. I don't have an HMR. :laugh:

On mine it lists all my rifles IE: the .22 air rifle, .22lr x 2, 17 hmr, .204 x 2, .243, and .270 and sound mods shall be used to shoot Deer and any lawfull quarry. So as far as i am concerned as long as i am using the correct calibre i can shoot anything that is legal to do so..

"Any Legal Quarry"?. Sounds a bit vague to me mate, especially since your last one included the word "Fox". ...... There again though, what do I know? :hmm:

My force won't allow rimfires for fox, so my rimfire section only states "Any other legal quarry".

And? Foxes with a rimfire is legal .. So if yours states any other legal quarry that means foxes as well ... Just because a force wont specifically grant them for fox doesn't mean they cant be used if you've got no restrictions which with aolq on your cert your not, unless I'm missing something

And? Foxes with a rimfire is legal .. So if yours states any other legal quarry that means foxes as well ... Just because a force wont specifically grant them for fox doesn't mean they cant be used if you've got no restrictions which with aolq on your cert your not, unless I'm missing something

Interesting point well picked up.

Rimfire and foxes is perfectly legal and has nothing to do with what your force will grant as specifically named or not.

So your wording, "Any other legal quarry". means just that....does it actually say Legal or Lawful?

And I'm not sure why you think "Any Legal Quarry" sounds vague, what could be clearer?!

ATB! :thumbs:

Now you're being ridiculous. I don't have an HMR. :laugh:

The .22LR just hasn't got the punch for them :(

"You're going to need a bigger boat!". :icon_eek:

Nah he's going to need a bigger car!