Captured perfectly. Always said to myself if I was to get a corvid done, apart from the obvious Jay, I'd like two magpies. As long as the taxidermist could capture all the blues and greens that they have.

i have one here although it could do with a good dust and clean :laugh:

post-896-0-75806500-1424863087_thumb.png

Exactly what I'm talking about Paulus, they aint a black and white bird.

There's a pure white Magpie a couple of miles from me that's now in it's 3rd year and there's a jackdaw visits my garden that get's whiter with every year and is now in it's 8th year and is probably 9/10ths white now. Yesterday I seen a jackdaw with white flight feathers with the white one so this trait does breed true.

I'd love either specimen on my mantle piece, when their time comes of course.

Paulus that sparrow looks like a new colour canary ,LOL.

Fat Ferret, my daughter has some photos of the Jackdaw in his first year or two but it's got whiter every year and I see it everyday. In fact most people in the village see it everyday.

There was a photo in the local paper, The Meath Chronicle, of the white Magpie in it's first year. But then it moved a mile or so away (I was blamed of trapping it) but I knew the farm it was on and then it disappeared again but again, I knew where it went and it is now about 2 miles from where it was hatched. I seen it 2 days ago.

Funny enough, the farmer on the first farm the white magpie moved too reckons that he had a white swallow hatch out that year but reckons it's own mobbed it to death within a few days of leaving the nest. This farmer loves to see the swallows and I control the magpies and greycrows for him but could never get the white one into a trap.

Last year I was hand feeding a rook with white wings that was thrown out of the nest but when he'd see me he'd start screaming for his feed and all my dogs would start howling with him, so he became ferret food.