Labrador Lurchers.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree in essence with what you are saying, but, a lot depends on your type of hunting. Many moons ago I bought a first cross collie/grey from Hancock much to the dismay and against the advice of t

this bitch was half lab. good allround fur and feather day and night in her day  

Here you go w uyang, pointer x saluki bull grey

Posted Images

Anybody out there seen any pointer lurchers.

I saw one on either dvd " 'rabbitingman 1 or 2" think,,,,,his own dog was collie based called nell, but his mates I think was lurcher/ pointer....

yep my mate has a GWP x bull grey, bit heavy but good hunting animal and very tough.

they used the dog on a pure grey last year and pups shaping up very nicely.

few threads on here about GWP x's over the years

• Like 1

Anybody out there seen any pointer lurchers.

I saw one on either dvd " 'rabbitingman 1 or 2" think,,,,,his own dog was collie based called nell, but his mates I think was lurcher/ pointer....

Here you go w uyang, pointer x saluki bull grey

012_zps072397db.jpg

007_zps9d4a2a38.jpg

• Like 13

I think alot of working dogs could potentially bring something to the party, I've always just used whatever dog I fancy taking out the kennel that day, mostly dobermans but my Malinois are doing well. What they lack in speed (which is not much for the terrain round here) they make up for in actually hunting,lifting the quarry and endurance. Rabbits in particular are getting like a polar bears hereabouts, hardly ever see any, so a dog, that hunts them up and flushes/lifts them is more useful than an all out speed machine but then this is all daytime work I am talking about, which is my preferred game, f***ing about in the fields as it were, which are chocca full of cover with short runs in small fields/woodland/marshland mostly, there are some big fields I would love to take my lurcher in but can't get permission, those fields are full of f****n bunnies an all. I considered getting a lurcher with a bit of lab in it as it goes, before I got my collie/bull/grey but couldn't find one, but I know f**k all about this game on a serious level have always just f****d about with it till now.
Can't see how a lab mix would be shite though for the stuff I do. I have hunted successfully with English bull terriers before, well to my level of satisfaction anyway.

My opinion on the whole breed/mix bollocks is if the mother is a good worker for what you want to get out of the dog and the father is also, then who gives a f**k what breed/type they are?

I saw them on another site, not working dogs and have thrown to the lab.

I like the sound of the cross although a quarter sounds better and it would be nice to use dogs that were doing some work.

which site Joe?