32 replies to this topic

#16 mackem

mackem

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,927 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:42 pm

we have a new client in camp this week and yesterday went ok for him.

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx246...http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx246...http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx246...

cheers 

Chinese maybe  :hmm: There was a chinese guy squished in africa last year by an elephant he tried to walk up to  :icon_eek:

• Bos en Dal Safaris likes this

#17 Bos en Dal Safaris

Bos en Dal Safaris

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:31 am

[/quote]
Chinese maybe  :hmm: There was a chinese guy squished in africa last year by an elephant he tried to walk up to  :icon_eek:[/quote]

Chinees yes!! From the states, at least he carries a gun this one!! LOL and just to keep him safe we are hunting an area with no dangerous game!!
  • mackem likes this

#18 mackem

mackem

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 10,927 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:53 am

[/quote]
Chinese maybe  :hmm: There was a chinese guy squished in africa last year by an elephant he tried to walk up to  :icon_eek:[/quote]

Chinees yes!! From the states, at least he carries a gun this one!! LOL and just to keep him safe we are hunting an area with no dangerous game!!

We used to call them ABC's.....American Born Chinese  :victory: looks like he had a great time.

#19 Bos en Dal Safaris

Bos en Dal Safaris

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:20 am

so we are back on track again

blesbok2.jpgkudu1.jpgimpala2.jpg

wildebeest.jpg

• mackem and Born Hunter like this

#20 Bos en Dal Safaris

Bos en Dal Safaris

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:44 am

Swart%20wildebees.jpg

warthog.jpgimage_2.jpg

image.jpg

• mackem, Born Hunter and potpoacher like this

#21 Joycey

Joycey

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:20 am

What do you do with all these animals after they have been shot?

#22 mushroom

mushroom

Professional Matadwarf

• Members
  • 11,365 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:40 am

Joycey you read my mind ;)

#23 Joycey

Joycey

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:48 pm

Dont get me wrong, ive been hunting all my life, but what i hunt is what i need, as in food, either for me or my animals. im not the one just to go out killing stuff for no reason, i agree deers need culling and same with badgers, but zebras and giraffes!!!!!!! why would you want to kill loads of them for no reason.... i just dont get it thats all...

#24 Bos en Dal Safaris

Bos en Dal Safaris

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:07 pm

Dont get me wrong, ive been hunting all my life, but what i hunt is what i need, as in food, either for me or my animals. im not the one just to go out killing stuff for no reason, i agree deers need culling and same with badgers, but zebras and giraffes!!!!!!! why would you want to kill loads of them for no reason.... i just dont get it thats all...

Hi Joycey

We use most of the meat, and any excess meat gets sold to the local butchery and is distributed into the local network. We cull mostly deer and zebras as there is a big market for the skins. The meat also gets utilized in the poorer communities.

As to Giraffe it was hunted as a trophy, but i have seen areas where giraffe needs culling as well. When the numbers start getting to big for an area they can be devastating to the area .

Hope this helps? :victory:

Regards

• mackem and Born Hunter like this

#25 mushroom

mushroom

Professional Matadwarf

• Members
  • 11,365 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:18 pm

Feckin eat the giraffe, I would :laugh:

• mackem and Bos en Dal Safaris like this

#26 desertbred

desertbred

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 6,235 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:04 pm

you would need some microwave for that  

• mackem and Bos en Dal Safaris like this

#27 Joycey

Joycey

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:10 pm

Hi Joycey

We use most of the meat, and any excess meat gets sold to the local butchery and is distributed into the local network. We cull mostly deer and zebras as there is a big market for the skins. The meat also gets utilized in the poorer communities.

As to Giraffe it was hunted as a trophy, but i have seen areas where giraffe needs culling as well. When the numbers start getting to big for an area they can be devastating to the area .

Regards

Hi Joycey

Regards

Thanks for getting back and answering my Q.. i didnt realise that you had to cull big game like that, but now i do Thanks.... What do you mean when you say "Trophy".? can you also eat Giraffe? sorry for all the Q..

• Bos en Dal Safaris likes this

#28 Bos en Dal Safaris

Bos en Dal Safaris

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:52 pm

No worries about the questions. I enjoy sharing!!!
The hunter booked a cull hunt with us, this would be the female kudu and sub adult male animals he shot! This is purely part of our sustainable hunting management plan. Every year we set out a quota for all the animals we need to be hunted!! Not all the animals are of trophy quality so we do cull hunts that would normally include species more common to the area!!
This paticular client added Black wildebeest, gemsbuck and girrafe as he wanted trophies of these animals!!

Oh yes you can definately eat girrafe, tastes better than Zebra!! And i know of a few lodges that shoot younger males for the restaurantes.

I'll safe you some?

Edited by Bos en Dal Safaris, 19 May 2015 - 06:53 pm.

#29 Bos en Dal Safaris

Bos en Dal Safaris

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:57 pm

you would need some microwave for that

This is how you do it!!
They have put a whole giraffe on a rotisity

Attached Files