Bos En Dal 2015 Hunting Season

we have a new client in camp this week and yesterday went ok for him.

zebra.jpgBlesbok.jpgimpala.jpg

cheers

Chinese maybe :hmm: There was a chinese guy squished in africa last year by an elephant he tried to walk up to :icon_eek:

• Like 1

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so we are back on track again  

Hi Joycey   We use most of the meat, and any excess meat gets sold to the local butchery and is distributed into the local network. We cull mostly deer and zebras as there is a big market for the sk

Posted Images

Chinese maybe :hmm: There was a chinese guy squished in africa last year by an elephant he tried to walk up to :icon_eek:

Chinees yes!! From the states, at least he carries a gun this one!! LOL and just to keep him safe we are hunting an area with no dangerous game!!

We used to call them ABC's.....American Born Chinese :victory: looks like he had a great time.

Dont get me wrong, ive been hunting all my life, but what i hunt is what i need, as in food, either for me or my animals. im not the one just to go out killing stuff for no reason, i agree deers need culling and same with badgers, but zebras and giraffes!!!!!!! why would you want to kill loads of them for no reason.... i just dont get it thats all...

Dont get me wrong, ive been hunting all my life, but what i hunt is what i need, as in food, either for me or my animals. im not the one just to go out killing stuff for no reason, i agree deers need culling and same with badgers, but zebras and giraffes!!!!!!! why would you want to kill loads of them for no reason.... i just dont get it thats all...

Hi Joycey

We use most of the meat, and any excess meat gets sold to the local butchery and is distributed into the local network. We cull mostly deer and zebras as there is a big market for the skins. The meat also gets utilized in the poorer communities.

As to Giraffe it was hunted as a trophy, but i have seen areas where giraffe needs culling as well. When the numbers start getting to big for an area they can be devastating to the area .

Hope this helps? :victory:

Regards

• Like 2

Hi Joycey

We use most of the meat, and any excess meat gets sold to the local butchery and is distributed into the local network. We cull mostly deer and zebras as there is a big market for the skins. The meat also gets utilized in the poorer communities.

As to Giraffe it was hunted as a trophy, but i have seen areas where giraffe needs culling as well. When the numbers start getting to big for an area they can be devastating to the area .

Regards

Hi Joycey

Regards

Thanks for getting back and answering my Q.. i didnt realise that you had to cull big game like that, but now i do Thanks.... What do you mean when you say "Trophy".? can you also eat Giraffe? sorry for all the Q..

• Like 1

No worries about the questions. I enjoy sharing!!!

The hunter booked a cull hunt with us, this would be the female kudu and sub adult male animals he shot! This is purely part of our sustainable hunting management plan. Every year we set out a quota for all the animals we need to be hunted!! Not all the animals are of trophy quality so we do cull hunts that would normally include species more common to the area!!

This paticular client added Black wildebeest, gemsbuck and girrafe as he wanted trophies of these animals!!

Oh yes you can definately eat girrafe, tastes better than Zebra!! And i know of a few lodges that shoot younger males for the restaurantes.

I'll safe you some?

Edited by Bos en Dal Safaris