My Northern Goshawk

sean goshawk

Hi Sean

Thanks for sharing.

Having looked at lamping in your videos, I must admit its not for me.

My bottle would crash at the thought of any obstacles :icon_eek:

But fair play to you mate, it looks a good way to get her out on these dark nights.

its the only way I can get out as ive had over a week of bad weather during the day and cant get out .its abit scary at times on the lamp if she misses a flight and hits a thermos I can only see a green flashing light from her transmitter on her tail up in the sky.

• Like 1

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi ive been flying birds or prey for ten year and I had a female harris I had for many years.and then got myself a female gos this is a andy hunter breed bird and only this year bird ive only took 60

more

Well after spending a good few weeks on rope pulls me and the mate went out for a rook to see if she'll get one and seen this grey back sitting close to a hedge and let the Gos see it and took off aft

Posted Images

top stuff again, doing really well, I'd have to have bottle for that..........whiskey bottle!

cheers mate.i would do with a bottle of whiskey to sweat this man flu out of me.

shame your so far away, got two good bottles of bourbon whiskey sat here, I just have the odd tipple every now and then (more then than now lol)

Edited by bullet

Well after it been raining all day here and it only stopped about 7.30 tonight I decided to go with the lamp and put the big girl on the scales she was 2lb 11 3\4 oz and waited a few hours to let the rabbit come out abit in the field.so I headed out and got into the field and it was like a swamp and heard every foot step.so I said to myself it could be a waste of a night and just push on and got a few flight and this one sat tight and let the gos at it and ended up with a kill and called it a night.

post-98610-0-47530800-1447804820_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

top stuff again, doing really well, I'd have to have bottle for that..........whiskey bottle!

cheers mate.i would do with a bottle of whiskey to sweat this man flu out of me.

shame your so far away, got two good bottles of bourbon whiskey sat here, I just have the odd tipple every now and then (more then than now lol)

Flip the way I feel I would just neck the whole bottle and never mind a tipple of it.

• Like 1

great stuff, how you mounting your gopro? mines on me head, just been looking at the z-1 rider and the gopro gimble , thinking if it would make much difference to warrant buying one lol

I'm using the head mounting strap and think its the best way to get these flights,would like to see if I could get one on the bird, the gopro hero 3 is doing a good job for me as I'm only using it to record flights,

and I did a test run on them cheaper batterys on ebay for the gopro they last the same time as gopro battery,so its not hard to pick out where there getting there batterys from and just stick the own sticker on it and charge you £15.

Edited by sean goshawk

great stuff, how you mounting your gopro? mines on me head, just been looking at the z-1 rider and the gopro gimble , thinking if it would make much difference to warrant buying one lol

I'm using the head mounting strap and think its the best way to get these flights,would like to see if I could get one on the bird, the gopro hero 3 is doing a good job for me as I'm only using it to record flights,

and I did a test run on them cheaper batterys on ebay for the gopro they last the same time as gopro battery,so its not hard to pick out where there getting there batterys from and just stick the own sticker on it and charge you £15.

that's not good, im glad I haven't ordered one yet, that's what mates are for lol, head strap for me too with me bob hat on so I don't look too strange,lol I like how you show your missed flights as it gives everyone an idea that its not all kill kill kill, ive added them in to mine too, I see all these hare flights with goshawks and not many out there show how hard they really are to catch, I have the highest respect for them when they get away,

just adding have you see the bacpac battery for the gopro, it uses the one in the gopro and the one on the back, for extra longer use

look at the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zfNHQGdrVo

Edited by bullet

that's not good, im glad I haven't ordered one yet, that's what mates are for lol, head strap for me too with me bob hat on so I don't look too strange,lol I like how you show your missed flights as it gives everyone an idea that its not all kill kill kill, ive added them in to mine too, I see all these hare flights with goshawks and not many out there show how hard they really are to catch, I have the highest respect for them when they get away,

just adding have you see the bacpac battery for the gopro, it uses the one in the gopro and the one on the back, for extra longer use

look at the link

Yeah as there is time I miss alot of stuff and doesn't annoy me as the bird will learn bye its mistake .i can tell you them hares are smart animals as I must on slip about 30 or 40 in her two season ive hunted and only manage one hare this year will her.as them hares watch the bird coming and move at the last min then go straight up hill known that the bird can't make it up .

Edited by sean goshawk
  • Like 1

look at the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zfNHQGdrVo

yeah at £40 I seen reviews about it double the power life so if one battery last 3 hours this will make it last 6 hours.and with the two cheap battery I got on ebay for £7 with give me 6 hours to and save money on them to,and ive seen in reviews that bacpac makes the gopro over heat to.

Edited by sean goshawk

Well today the big girl was 2lb 10 3/4 oz and was planned to go lamping tonight and the mate and me went out to look for a rook as ive not her entered yet on them and had a slip at two sitting in the field and she went half hearted at them and threw up as they lifted and lined on a telephone line so swung the lure and down she came.so we headed on to see what else was about and I seen a grey back feeding away from a distance and tried to get close as I could get as she never be entered on rooks and she seen it of the glove like a rocket and the grey back lifted about two foot in the air and took it in mid air.well pleased ive finally got her entered on the black stuff and a well good fed up for her.

post-98610-0-71593900-1447948803_thumb.jpg

• Like 2