My Northern Goshawk

sean goshawk

awesome stuff, camera coming in to its own, how are you sharing the youtube link as mine is a link and not the video on here? tech's help tech's lol

ive been on new permission today but to be honest it was turd, one rabbit in all the setts we ferreted, but you got to try them to know,

im just using window movie maker and then save it as youtube format then go onto my account then upload it as youtube formats it to play then copy the link and posted it on here.as ive said ive tried the go pro software to cut clips on and cant work it,over here it 37mph winds and cant get out anywhere and its going to be like that for about another week,so I'm just going to do rope pulls until the wind dies down.

Edited by sean goshawk

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi ive been flying birds or prey for ten year and I had a female harris I had for many years.and then got myself a female gos this is a andy hunter breed bird and only this year bird ive only took 60

more

Well after spending a good few weeks on rope pulls me and the mate went out for a rook to see if she'll get one and seen this grey back sitting close to a hedge and let the Gos see it and took off aft

Posted Images

well today was very strong too high winds to do any flying at quarry as its going to be like that for another week .so ive put the big girl weight up to 2lb 11 0z and done some rope pulling as this is only her second time doing it and tried a 100yard recall with the lure and was just a wee bit too much so lll got back to 75yards and try to build her up to the 100yards,

Edited by sean goshawk

well today was very strong too high winds to do any flying at quarry as its going to be like that for another week .so ive put the big girl weight up to 2lb 11 0z and done some rope pulling as this is only her second time doing it and tried a 100yard recall with the lure and was just a wee bit too much so lll got back to 75yards and try to build her up to the 100yards,

ive never done rope training so I cant comment on it other than if that was my bird she would probs smash me in the face after a while!! the video quality is better if you select the cog at the bottom right of screen and select 720p HD

ive never done rope training so I cant comment on it other than if that was my bird she would probs smash me in the face after a while!! the video quality is better if you select the cog at the bottom right of screen and select 720p HD

It could be the set I picked on the go pro as I picked the 720p on it as the other clips are done on the 1020p .i just can't have her sitting up doing nothing so the rope come in handy for the fitness.

im not disagreeing with you, each to their own, I fly in our winds here, I say our as yours looks like the hilly dales which I know can be windy up their, not sure where your from, I flew up the peak last sunday as it was windy my bird hit a rabbit and ended up rolling 10/15 yards past the point of impact as she had the wind up her arse!!

In from northern Ireland and the ground I fly are mostly hilly ground or beside the seaside and the wind is that strong at times the bird just lays down on the glove and sometimes she'll not leave the glove.and I'm nearly 17 stone and the wind blows me about and sometimes knocks me off my feet.as 37 mph winds can blow a tree over and a bird is far lighter at blow them back a good bit or even if she fights the wind wrong could end up with a broken wing.

Edited by sean goshawk

In from northern Ireland and the ground I fly are mostly hilly ground or beside the seaside and the wind is that strong at times the bird just lays down on the glove and sometimes she'll not leave the glove.and I'm nearly 17 stone and the wind blows me about and sometimes knocks me off my feet.as 37 mph winds can blow a tree over and a bird is far lighter at blow them back a got bite or even if she fights the wind wrong could end up with a broken wing.

i totally agree

What type of rope are you using Sean.i no a lad who rope trains his gos but first rope he used absorbed a lot of water from of the wet grass causing a lot of tension on the birds legs.the bird could pull the rope 100 yards easy but then when it was wet it struggled noticeably ..atb

What type of rope are you using Sean.i no a lad who rope trains his gos but first rope he used absorbed a lot of water from of the wet grass causing a lot of tension on the birds legs.the bird could pull the rope 100 yards easy but then when it was wet it struggled noticeably ..atb

Hi its 8mm para cord as it absorbs water to which is better for the bird to pull the extra weight up the field to build up the muscle.as you can see in the clip I pull the cord behind her then she pulls it up the whole way up the field.as I showed a mate the clip and told me to put the cord in front of her and then she will get up to full power and then will start to pull the rope better up the field.

well here is the clip from last nites lamping the second flight was at a hare and she didn't like it and threw up after the hare lifted,and some other flights are at some rabbits long distance at least 300yards away as there lamp shy as hell .and the last flight is the one she caught in the pic.

Edited by sean goshawk
  • Like 1