My Northern Goshawk

sean goshawk

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi ive been flying birds or prey for ten year and I had a female harris I had for many years.and then got myself a female gos this is a andy hunter breed bird and only this year bird ive only took 60

more

Well after spending a good few weeks on rope pulls me and the mate went out for a rook to see if she'll get one and seen this grey back sitting close to a hedge and let the Gos see it and took off aft

Posted Images

cracking pics there sean, atleast you can be arsed to do a write up on your bird/ days accounts etc, I just haven't got the time lol,

as for hooding its each to their own, the female im flying was 6 years old when I got her(imprint) tried hooding her but she wasn't having any of it, it was hard enough to get her come to the fist, think she's been flown to the lure which is something I don't do.....again my choice, I cracked her eventually, but hooding a bird the that just wont have it or thrashes around when hooded will resent you in time

You can learn older birds to accept the hood.as my mentor had a friend male steppe eagle and the person only used it for display and he was 14 years old never used a hood on it and with a wee bit of working with him the bird accept the hood.as ive said in a few post back everyone is different about hooding their.as it's up to yourself if you want to hood your bird.

Well ive been doing a few days of rope pulling with the gos to try and get her fitness up to the max I can get her.and give her a nite off with the fitness training and got the lamp ready tonite and went out for an hour and bag two rabbit and I can see the rope pulls is doing it job better tonight.

post-98610-0-56437600-1446680559_thumb.png

post-98610-0-81809500-1446680578_thumb.png

coming on a treat, a credit to you, nice to see different methods of training/fitness used, also having balls to lamp the gos, I cringe at some of the flights they do in the day time, night time I'd be a wreck!!!

Yeah as there nite she hits things that hard you think that bird is dead with the impact I hear her hitting of

• Like 1

Well tonight the big girl was sitting at 2lb 9 1\2 oz and got the lamp ready and went out for an hour.and that rabbit hind in thick grass and the bird missed it.and then out bolts the rabbit and the bird jump up from the long grass and got a 50 yard chase at the rabbit and the time I got over to her she killed the rabbit stone dead.post-98610-0-60492700-1446854756_thumb.jpg

Well tonight the big girl was sitting at 2lb 9 1\2 oz and got the lamp ready and went out for an hour.and that rabbit hind in thick grass and the bird missed it.and then out bolts the rabbit and the bird jump up from the long grass and got a 50 yard chase at the rabbit and the time I got over to her she killed the rabbit stone dead.attachicon.gifWP_20151106_23_37_47_Pro.jpg

top stuff

Well done mate.......looks like you're racking up the kills! ;-)

Thank you.its a shame the catch rabbit wasn't got [BANNED TEXT] on the go pro as it was a good flight and would show better what the gos is like.but I'm a Virgin go pro user and that my first mistake made on it.

Edited by sean goshawk

Well done mate.......looks like you're racking up the kills! ;-)

Thank you.its a shame the catch rabbit wasn't got [bANNED TEXT] on the go pro as it was a good flight and would show better what the gos is like.but I'm a Virgin go pro user and that my first mistake made on it.

I wouldn't have a clue mate........it was enough for me juggling hawk & lamp, never mind thinking about technology as well! Haha.....Atb