Sign in to follow this  
sean goshawk

My Northern Goshawk

hi ive been flying birds or prey for ten year and I had a female harris I had for many years.and then got myself a female gos this is a andy hunter breed bird and only this year bird ive only took 60 headed quarry with her from doves to rabbit,so here is a few pics of her,

post-98610-0-03875900-1424169344_thumb.jpg

post-98610-0-68160800-1424169612_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Excellent mate......how did you find the transition from Harris to gos? I take it she's parent reared?

Once I'd flown a gos, I couldn't imagine hunting the woods with anything else......;-) Atb

Excellent mate......how did you find the transition from Harris to gos? I take it she's parent reared?

Once I'd flown a gos, I couldn't imagine hunting the woods with anything else......;-) Atbyeah

yeah she pr bird couldn't do imp bird where I live,the harris is a good bird now as for speed ways the gos out runs it bye a mile,with the gos I would get better flights at feather then a harris .

Well done mate.

Andy breeds some nice goshawks. Have you tried her at crows/rooks yet.

Some excellent flights at these especially with a smaller female.

Hi David I tryed her at a few rooks and no luck .as lll try next season as I wanted to get her used to the ferrets and dogs first and get her on the lamp as well .yeah Andy has a nice few bird down there with him as it saved me a 12 hours drive to the bird I order down south as hes only an hour away from me