Mole Trapping Prices

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

£10 per mole wouldn't get me out of my own garden by the time you pay for the traps, time, travel, public liability insurance (hope you have it?) advertising costs, accountants fees, running costs for

Whatever you charge is your own business but now you have declared yourself a professional prepare for the knock on the door late at night . Or maybe a group of hooded, velvet gloved enforcers from on

But for your £70 you will need to go back at least once more maybe 3 so then its £35 or £ 23 per visit!! or is it £70 visit   I also do a local school playing field, but do it for free, my children

Posted Images

Domestic fixed price for setting traps and 3 return visits , 3rd visit remove traps . If still catching then charge extra per visit .

Farms just a fixed visit price depending on the amount of traps down.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

£10 per mole wouldn't get me out of my own garden by the time you pay for the traps, time, travel, public liability insurance (hope you have it?) advertising costs, accountants fees, running costs for your van(car or Tractor) tax on income etc etc etc charge a realistic price never be the guy who is so busy that he does,nt have time to live life. We all need time to relax charge a bit more and work less :boogy:

• Like 7

£10 per mole wouldn't get me out of my own garden by the time you pay for the traps, time, travel, public liability insurance (hope you have it?) advertising costs, accountants fees, running costs for your van(car or Tractor) tax on income etc etc etc charge a realistic price never be the guy who is so busy that he does,nt have time to live life. We all need time to relax charge a bit more and work less :boogy:

Charge more work less I like that idea, however if you have a few fields that have never seen a mole catcher and the only reason they are now using my services is that the new summer tenant for the grass keep wants rid of the moles first, then £10 per mole for 96 moles over 3 visits, in my book is worth getting out of the garden.

This is the rare exception though!!

• Like 1

ten pound a mole after the first one at fifty can be upsetting for both client and trapper.

fix a price with no mole no fee and do a damn good job, if you get a call back do it at a reduced price or a freebie, price fixed so customer is not on tender hooks.one customer i had thought there were hundreds it was two moles.

if your doing agricultural vast tracts then charge per mole or per hour but otherwise fix a price and have a deal.

if your good you will have em trapped out in no time. fix a price and get on with the trapping.

• Like 2

ten pound a mole after the first one at fifty can be upsetting for both client and trapper.

fix a price with no mole no fee and do a damn good job, if you get a call back do it at a reduced price or a freebie, price fixed so customer is not on tender hooks.one customer i had thought there were hundreds it was two moles.

if your doing agricultural vast tracts then charge per mole or per hour but otherwise fix a price and have a deal.

if your good you will have em trapped out in no time. fix a price and get on with the trapping.

I agree. :thumbs:

That's what I do; fix a price and guarantee to leave domestic jobs mole free no matter how long it takes. If I think there are still moles to catch after my three planned visits I'll leave a few Putanges under grass clods to mop up the stragglers and check them weekly or whenever I'm passing.

For farms it is a fixed fee and they trust me to take as many out as I possibly can in the three scheduled visits.

We all know where we stand that way.

• Like 1

everyone knows where they stand before the work starts, its our job to catch moles its there job to pay on completion everyone is happy and feels content.

if i had problems catching a mole i would learn from it. win win. when the going gets tough you rely on your deeper knowledge and you stop being lazy on sets.

moles are probably the easiest thing to catch but the most un-catchable to some folks. it takes a moment to realise the simplicity of it all or a lifetime.

sometimes your trap will be filled and you will never know why or what went wrong, take a moment and it will come clear.

Roughly speaking ,how long to set a mole trap and do any of you use any form of catch flags so you need only glance to check them .Only interested as my job revolves around time spent on any one job .

normally check traps or site for fresh activity, i dont know many that use the pop up flag idea. its a bit pointless you gotta pull em anyway, and if you set em you set em to catch, so the job requires resets and checks for trap set that have caved in with rain or something.

flags might work for ultra busy people and could easily be done im sure

everyone knows where they stand before the work starts, its our job to catch moles its there job to pay on completion everyone is happy and feels content.

if i had problems catching a mole i would learn from it. win win. when the going gets tough you rely on your deeper knowledge and you stop being lazy on sets.

moles are probably the easiest thing to catch but the most un-catchable to some folks. it takes a moment to realise the simplicity of it all or a lifetime.

sometimes your trap will be filled and you will never know why or what went wrong, take a moment and it will come clear.

Roughly speaking ,how long to set a mole trap and do any of you use any form of catch flags so you need only glance to check them .Only interested as my job revolves around time spent on any one job .

normally check traps or site for fresh activity, i dont know many that use the pop up flag idea. its a bit pointless you gotta pull em anyway, and if you set em you set em to catch, so the job requires resets and checks for trap set that have caved in with rain or something.

flags might work for ultra busy people and could easily be done im sure

mole traps take a few minutes each, working out where to set can take longer.

That's what I do; fix a price and guarantee to leave domestic jobs mole free no matter how long it takes. If I think there are still moles to catch after my three planned visits I'll leave a few Putanges under grass clods to mop up the stragglers and check them weekly or whenever I'm passing.

For farms it is a fixed fee and they trust me to take as many out as I possibly can in the three scheduled visits.

All domestic properties pay the same fixed price and with a 2 week "no more mole hills" guarantee. Customers like this, its good for repeat business, I get known as a good honest mole catcher and not many jobs need to be revisited in the 2 weeks. Payment on satisfaction I tell them :tongue2:

All domestic properties pay the same fixed price and with a 2 week "no more mole hills" guarantee. Customers like this, its good for repeat business, I get known as a good honest mole catcher and not many jobs need to be revisited in the 2 weeks. Payment on satisfaction I tell them :tongue2:

That is the best thing about the guarantee. It reassures the customer and you get repeat business and recommendations, neither of which cost any advertising monies. Also, I've found that once you've cleared the resident moles and neighbouring ones and newcomer doesn't feel the need to start expanding the territory as it has the whole newly vacated plot to play in. So in effect there isn't much chance of fresh diggings soon after you've completed even if a mole moves in straight away.

• Like 1

96 moles in 3 days..... great job. I have been in the industry for 35 years as a professional pest controller, my speciality is moles. I have never had a job where i caught even half that amount so yes jobs like that are few and far between to say the least.

• Like 1

96 moles in 3 days..... great job. I have been in the industry for 35 years as a professional pest controller, my speciality is moles. I have never had a job where i caught even half that amount so yes jobs like that are few and far between to say the least.

I now have the few straglers here and there to catch, so getting these few will take more visits and, of course reduces the overall profit.

Unlikely to ever get such circumstances again - generally we all know that moles tend to live along a fence line, under a tree or other damp patch. In these fields they were literally all over, all trying to get their own space

I do a set price for set up and pick up, if I need to do a 3rd vist they get charged half again, if I have to make more visits they pay no more and it is Personal between me and the mole. This doesn't happen often but can get emotional if the little blighter is set on making me look a fool.

What I do find at this time of year is that regular customers gardens and small areas, that I have already done earlier in the year or back end of last year call with '1 or 2 hills that came up last week'. I tell them that I can do the visits but it may be it is a male out looking for love that may have moved on and it may be waiting a week to see if any more activity is seen. If they are the sort that can't bear to have any more damage I will go out. If no traps are bunged up/fired/dug around and no fresh hills or surface runs we call it quits and my customers understand and Pay up.