Mole Trapping Prices

Unfortuantly I seem to have different mole prices for different customers!!

Over the years i have tried all manner of prices from per visit, per mole, £50 for first mole then £10 per mole, set price for domestic properties etc etc

What is your prefered method for charging? is £50 for the first and £10 per mole to much to charge??

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

£10 per mole wouldn't get me out of my own garden by the time you pay for the traps, time, travel, public liability insurance (hope you have it?) advertising costs, accountants fees, running costs for

Whatever you charge is your own business but now you have declared yourself a professional prepare for the knock on the door late at night . Or maybe a group of hooded, velvet gloved enforcers from on

But for your £70 you will need to go back at least once more maybe 3 so then its £35 or £ 23 per visit!! or is it £70 visit   I also do a local school playing field, but do it for free, my children

Posted Images

I work it out on two factors; the first being the distance I have to travel to the job based on three visits and then the size of the area to be cleared. If I need to do extra visits I schedule them in for when I'm in the area on other jobs and stand them myself. It doesn't happen often enough to be a problem. On the plus side, I sometimes get two or more jobs in the same general area and so make a bit on the travelling fees.

The average price is €160 and it doesn't matter whether it is for one mole or twenty-one.

• Like 1

I always charge enough to cover the job...

Nothing worse than under pricing a job,...it is a heart breaker and always makes the trapping so much harder...

So,..it pays to look carefully at every individual contract and price accordingly...

It is easy to work cheap,.. and be a busy fool..... :thumbs:

• Like 3

You see folk who advertise catching moles over whole counties, that just cant pay, I only hava a max 15 mile radius

My patch is about 40 miles radius and I sometimes have traps in three or four departments. The customer pays my travelling fees so its no bother. I've just bought a van specifically for the job as I was putting to much on the car.

I always charge enough to cover the job...

Nothing worse than under pricing a job,...it is a heart breaker and always makes the trapping so much harder...

So,..it pays to look carefully at every individual contract and price accordingly...

It is easy to work cheap,.. and be a busy fool..... :thumbs:

Never a truer word said!

I've been daft enough this week to do a small school playing field locally way cheaper than I'd normally do one, only because I wanted to take it from someone who gets up my nose though, even so it's seventy quid for half hour.

But for your £70 you will need to go back at least once more maybe 3 so then its £35 or £ 23 per visit!! or is it £70 visit

I also do a local school playing field, but do it for free, my children go to this village school (40 children), its my contribution to the community,

Edited by shropshire mole
  • Like 5

the main trouble for me is the fly by night lads and the farmers boys who do it for beer money at £2-3 a mole! i charge by the mole no other fees unless its a fair way off then ile charge a small mileage fee
but i only charge by the mole no trap setting fees just get paid for what i catch and the farmers love it! i dont see how some one can charge by the hour or acre. and i charge a lot less than the competition, i will also travel a long way to trap mole ile even sleep in the truck for a few nights if i have to to make it pay well but moles is moles and money is money!

• Like 1

Thing is PK if I was a householder how would I know how many moles I had and therefore how much I might have to pay. I took 21 out of a garden recently and I've got one going at the moment that will top that. In other similar sized gardens I've had just the one. A lot of people vastly over estimate the number of moles that they have got and so many would be put off from booking a pay by mole arrangement. I certainly would have been. And from my point of view as a trapper I ain't going to drive 60 miles there and back twice for one mole fee and I would feel uncomfortable about asking a householder for €420 to remove 21 moles in three short visits.

People's situations are different. I've got no competition and so can charge what the market will bear and I think my rates are fair as I don't get many requests for prices that don't convert to jobs. I can understand that if there is a lot of competition then that will impact on the business especially if they are unregistered and not paying the outgoings that a legit' business has to. The other thing about working over here is that you cannot advertise unless you have a business number, and advertising is responsible for the majority of my business, all of it in the early days.

You've got to work out what is best for you overall.

• Like 2

the main trouble for me is the fly by night lads and the farmers boys who do it for beer money at £2-3 a mole! i charge by the mole no other fees unless its a fair way off then ile charge a small mileage fee

but i only charge by the mole no trap setting fees just get paid for what i catch and the farmers love it! i dont see how some one can charge by the hour or acre. and i charge a lot less than the competition, i will also travel a long way to trap mole ile even sleep in the truck for a few nights if i have to to make it pay well but moles is moles and money is money!

It depends what you want to charge by "the hour or acre" ? Some do, but they dont realise or care, that it can work out better ,for the farmer ? LOL Always try & get £10, a mole,.... (i know this isnt realistic,in some circumstances) but believe me, if your removing MOST of the moles, from the ground you do ? your worth it ! ha ha

Edited by earth-thrower