Accuracy Of Hw100 177 Xhw100 .22

Hi john that's good to hear 60fills I can live with that.all I need now is the car fixed and the pellet samples to arrive.My daughter ordered them for me over a week ago,still no sign.i musta tryed 25to30types of pellets already.as I said some grouped good at 30 Mrts but at 50 Mrts no use.( here's a bit of the Scotsman in me all the pellets samples I've left half so as to try em in the hw ) I intend to write down all the mill dots ille need to use at 5mtr intervals and just keep practicing so I get the ranges set in my head. And make one of them range cards so when I do have to kill something ille have a bit of confidence to make a kill shot count.

Thanks again

• Like 1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.22 and .177 are both the same in accuracy wise ,get to know your set up and both will do the same as each other. .22 will give you more shots per fill than .177 about 84 in .22 and about 54 in .177

Mark is dead right ,a regged ultra will match any top price airgun pellet for pellet any day of the week

I recently bought a Hawke Airmax scope (the 4-16 x 50), and having used the Hawke Nite-Eye for quite some time, the difference was very marked indeed. I thought that the Nite-Eye was good (its the old

A well bad news with the car folks too expensive to get fixed looks like all be looking for another this time I think Al go for a we Jimny 4x4 so gun stuffs on back boiler till I get mobile again. Never mind I've seen a clever idea for a night scope and I've ordered the components and one of my mates is a wiz with the old soldering iron.have any of you guys seen it on vermin hunters tv I think that's where I seen it.the finished article looks like a shop version.

• Like 1

I've noticed I've called the new hawke scope an airsporter it's an airmax I ment to say and the pellets I was using last were jsb exacts not jabs.any way the cars goosed.so all the piggy banks will have to buy another to replace it.but Al still go for an airmax first then an hw100. It will just take a we bit longer.anyways happy shooting guys.

• Like 1

A well bad news with the car folks too expensive to get fixed looks like all be looking for another this time I think Al go for a we Jimny 4x4 so gun stuffs on back boiler till I get mobile again. Never mind I've seen a clever idea for a night scope and I've ordered the components and one of my mates is a wiz with the old soldering iron.have any of you guys seen it on vermin hunters tv I think that's where I seen it.the finished article looks like a shop version.

Sorry about the wheels. I saw that video awhile back and it looks sound, anything to save money.

Cheers buds and what about the hawke airmax scopes I'm leaning towards one of them the shop didnt have a 8-32x50 in store but all the other sizes were realy clear, so if the 8-32 is as clear I'm going to go for that I have two hawke scopes already. And they're not all that clear their a bit milky.but looking through the airmaxes I got a unexpected surprize.so I thought all go for the biggest one if its as clear as the rest at least that way I can up the mag when needs be.whats your thoughts guys.

Thanks in advance

I recently bought a Hawke Airmax scope (the 4-16 x 50), and having used the Hawke Nite-Eye for quite some time, the difference was very marked indeed. I thought that the Nite-Eye was good (its the older version without the buttons for the reticle illumination), but the Airmax is so much more clear! A joy to use. The side focus is a big advantage too, and reading off the distances from the scale and comparing it with my range finder it is surpisingly accurate. (To within less than 2 meters at 30 metres plus).

One question though... are you really sure that you need to go up to 8-32 x50 for an air rifle? Just my opinion of course, but 16x is plenty, and I would do most of my shooting at 12x max for airgun ranges. (A big advantage of the lower setting at 4x is for scanning for rats or bunnies when using night vision).

Cheers

Rod

• Like 3

I love Hawkes, others on here don't. Likewise BSA Basics. I took a Leapers ( of faith? ) this week and bought a Leapers x30 for the HW. It arrived yesterday and just one expression. Wowsa!

Lovely clarity, a beautiful little scope. Came with mounts, hinged lens covers, sun shade and spare battery. Its got a multi colour IR with different tap button settings for your ideal illumination. Its only 13 ounces and seems really rugged.

First time I have dealt with Tactical Scopes, came next day and he said if my eyes can't adjust to it to return it.

£120 all in seems a good buy too.

Me, Mr Techno whizz. German rifles and American sights.

Big Mac will want one....... :tongue2:

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi john if a feeling I'm going to like the hw100s in 177 but the ultra s a keeper as well. Both have uses, it was jab exacts 4-52 that were realy grouping well today but at 30mtrs I had a few giving realy Good groups but as soon as I tryed at 50mtrs the target was well peppered.airarms fields 4-51 4-52 rws super domes Al let me down at 50mtrs.when I get my car back from the garage all try the jsbs at 50mtrs.none of the bisley pellets group great in my ultra nor any of the h&n pellets I'm waiting on a sample pack of about 20 different kinds of pellets so here's hoping one or two of them group at 50mtrs.i realy like the target shooting with the pcps as cocking a springer heaps a times is a Nono.i started off with a 7ltr bottle but ended up buying a 12ltr last Friday so the two of them should keep me going for a while.am I correct in thinking that the ultras small cylinder which gives me about forty shots.that the air bottle would give it more fills compared to the bigger cylinder on the hw giving around 100 shots would that be correct

Thanks in advance

I like a man that experiments. I use mainly JSB Exacts now, I read they make AA pellets for AA. The Ultra likes JSB best at 8.4gn. I practice at that range because its the distance the range ended up at from where I sit under cover. If you can try some FT targets at 5 yard increments, that will show you any rifles best range and with what pellet / pressure. Yes I get about forty from an Ultra too. The HW is giving sixty. Yes, you will get a few extra fills, its neither here nor there though as you just top up an Ultra more often. Twelve litres gives about sixty refills for me down to 200 bars, then I use that to top up the S410 for about ten fills at 190. I use a seven litre for carrying in the truck to jobs.

The HW has used JSB and H&N domed, the JSB gives a tighter group at 55 yards, if I am on form, its not the gun! I can manage one inch groups at that distance, thats as good as I ever get. I was taught to start on some simple "pleasing" shots every session, then move onto the difficult.

I put this fancy American sight on the Ultra deliberately as it was so accurate. I wanted irons but couldn't get a weld fine enough to keep the front blade on. Said elsewhere that it challenges me a bit and makes me think about my shooting. I am stuck in my ways a bit, I use .22 (S410) on rabbit clearance, but this HW has me thinking about those jobs as it is so quiet. The Daystate has killed at over fifty yards on windless days, but I don't have a lot of faith in it given its history. So the HW is looking very promising for me.

Best Wishes

Well folks I've bought the hw t 177 and the airmax 30 8-32 50 I went to my permition for a half hour or so to try her out,I can't mount the scope yet as all the mounts I have are 25ml so I've ordered a pair of mounts so hopefully they should arrive soon.just as you guys have said it's definitely a well made rifle I also mounted a 9x13 bipod I'm realy looking forward to testing her to see what pellets suits her ( notice she s a her already ) the shop said airarms pellets work well in them so I bought 3 tins of them in 4-5 4-51 and 4-52 or so I thought ide took two tins of 4-51 s will the barrel take a few pellets through it to lead it up. What's you guys thought on that. Thanks in advance

Walker

• Like 1

Well folks I've bought the hw t 177 and the airmax 30 8-32 50 I went to my permition for a half hour or so to try her out,I can't mount the scope yet as all the mounts I have are 25ml so I've ordered a pair of mounts so hopefully they should arrive soon.just as you guys have said it's definitely a well made rifle I also mounted a 9x13 bipod I'm realy looking forward to testing her to see what pellets suits her ( notice she s a her already ) the shop said airarms pellets work well in them so I bought 3 tins of them in 4-5 4-51 and 4-52 or so I thought ide took two tins of 4-51 s will the barrel take a few pellets through it to lead it up. What's you guys thought on that. Thanks in advance

Walker

that's hw100t 177
  • 3 weeks later...

Well folks I'm realy happy with the hw 100t 177 it's shooting quarter inch circles at 30mtres I put three shots in to every circle one circle had only one pellet sized hole I was realy chuffed with that one comparing the ultra and the hw I think the hw is more accurate . Mind you that's shooting off of a table with a bipod and a sand bag.the pellets so far seem to be air arms Diablo exacts 4.52. How are you getting on with your one John. For you guys wondering about getting a hw100 I'm glad I went for one.the shot count is 110 out of a 200 bar fill is that what you guys get out of your ones

Walker

Iv literally just got one yesterday aswell!

Mine is the carbine in .22 and im not the best shot in the world but even im getting 2 pence size groupings at 50yrds

Im using aa fields 5.52's aswell and i agree they seem to be working well.