Accuracy Of Hw100 177 Xhw100 .22

Hi folks this has probably been mentioned before but are the two as accurate as each other. Or is one better than the other. I noticed Mr pittaway has had the two versions.as probably a lot of you guys have had and still have. I'm torn between the two, I supose the answers like how longs a piece of string.im disabled so most of my shooting will be off of a bench or table sitting down.plinking at targets. So fire away folks with your thoughts and answers and thanks in advance to any one that gives their views

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.22 and .177 are both the same in accuracy wise ,get to know your set up and both will do the same as each other. .22 will give you more shots per fill than .177 about 84 in .22 and about 54 in .177

Mark is dead right ,a regged ultra will match any top price airgun pellet for pellet any day of the week

I recently bought a Hawke Airmax scope (the 4-16 x 50), and having used the Hawke Nite-Eye for quite some time, the difference was very marked indeed. I thought that the Nite-Eye was good (its the old

.22 and .177 are both the same in accuracy wise ,get to know your set up and both will do the same as each other.

.22 will give you more shots per fill than .177 about 84 in .22 and about 54 in .177 ,these figures are for K models

• Like 5

Thanks John I joined the hlf a while ago when I got my bsa ultra se 177 was going to get that regged that's put on the back burner just now as rather have the hw100 to compare with.ive tried commenting on posts a while back but this is the first time I've got to. Any way what ever one I keep, will get customed, I also fancy the new( or first time I've noticed them) hawke airsporter 30 sf 8-32x50 I was thinking of the sidewinder 30 but the shop I was in didn't have a sidewinder in stock to compare them. So I thought ille ask on here if I can suss out again how to reply on here and ask you guys what you prefer thanks in advance folks. O and ps I've got a perm to shoot on so on the odd chance some thing comes in range of once I feel confident to shoot it in a humain manner ide give it a go

Hi Walker.

I too have both .177 and .22 in the HW 100`s and ditto to all VM said to you.

The ultra regged is right up there with the 100`s mate and my opinion on calibre is .177.

Good luck with your choic

Mark is dead right ,a regged ultra will match any top price airgun pellet for pellet any day of the week :thumbs:

• Like 3

Cheers guys most of my mates said get an ultra becouse of my mobility issues. But after buying the ultra which I think is a great we gun, I don't think the weight of the hw100 is going to come in to it as I said 99.9.9 of my shooting is going to be from a bench sitting down with a bipod and a sand bag under the but, o and before I forget when I first joined hlf a few guys spoke to me but it wouldnt let me answer for some reason I wasn't ignoring them. I just didn't know how to answer.any ways the hw100 full length 177 seems to be favouring me the more info I get from you guys from which I'm very gratefull

Many thank guys

• Like 1

Just get what you want ,what feels right to you and what your heart wants as you will all ways be thinking should i have got the other one i wanted

Your the man behind the rifle not any one ells

and as the lads have say,d BOTH ARE AS GOOD AS THE OTHER its the man or woman behind the trigger that makes or brakes the rifle

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Cheers buds and what about the hawke airmax scopes I'm leaning towards one of them the shop didnt have a 8-32x50 in store but all the other sizes were realy clear, so if the 8-32 is as clear I'm going to go for that I have two hawke scopes already. And they're not all that clear their a bit milky.but looking through the airmaxes I got a unexpected surprize.so I thought all go for the biggest one if its as clear as the rest at least that way I can up the mag when needs be.whats your thoughts guys.

Thanks in advance

Well guys I was out for an hour the day shooting off the bonnet of my car, best group I got was 5 pellets through a hole and a half at 30mtres. That put a smile on my face till I started the car I snaped my clutch cable never mind I got home eventually.and I'm still smiling, becouse I can't wait till I get my new scope might be a bit longer if the garage hits me with a big clutch bill.but all get their in the end and hopefully all have my hw100 s177 end of March

So happy days

• Like 1

Good luck with it Walker, whatever you decide. I got my first HW100 K last week after dithering for six months. I have an Ultra also, an S410 and a Daystate. The S410 is .22 the rest.177.

I have put about three hundred through the HW now, just a BSA Basics x40 sight. I fired the Daystate to compare the accuracy against the HW on saturday, thats got a Hawke x50 on it.

The HW is more accurate in my opinion out to 55 yards, same pellets through each, at 30 yard zero there is not much difference.

The Ultra also is a very accurate rifle, can't compare them fairly as it has an open sight on it. Though when I had optics on it, well it is a dream.

I have a friend who has severe mobility problems, he swears by an AA S200 he has, and he really shoots well with it.

However, I am sold on the HW now, I actually have a feeling it is going to be the one I use most.

Best Wishes

• Like 1

Hi john if a feeling I'm going to like the hw100s in 177 but the ultra s a keeper as well. Both have uses, it was jab exacts 4-52 that were realy grouping well today but at 30mtrs I had a few giving realy Good groups but as soon as I tryed at 50mtrs the target was well peppered.airarms fields 4-51 4-52 rws super domes Al let me down at 50mtrs.when I get my car back from the garage all try the jsbs at 50mtrs.none of the bisley pellets group great in my ultra nor any of the h&n pellets I'm waiting on a sample pack of about 20 different kinds of pellets so here's hoping one or two of them group at 50mtrs.i realy like the target shooting with the pcps as cocking a springer heaps a times is a Nono.i started off with a 7ltr bottle but ended up buying a 12ltr last Friday so the two of them should keep me going for a while.am I correct in thinking that the ultras small cylinder which gives me about forty shots.that the air bottle would give it more fills compared to the bigger cylinder on the hw giving around 100 shots would that be correct

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Hi john if a feeling I'm going to like the hw100s in 177 but the ultra s a keeper as well. Both have uses, it was jab exacts 4-52 that were realy grouping well today but at 30mtrs I had a few giving realy Good groups but as soon as I tryed at 50mtrs the target was well peppered.airarms fields 4-51 4-52 rws super domes Al let me down at 50mtrs.when I get my car back from the garage all try the jsbs at 50mtrs.none of the bisley pellets group great in my ultra nor any of the h&n pellets I'm waiting on a sample pack of about 20 different kinds of pellets so here's hoping one or two of them group at 50mtrs.i realy like the target shooting with the pcps as cocking a springer heaps a times is a Nono.i started off with a 7ltr bottle but ended up buying a 12ltr last Friday so the two of them should keep me going for a while.am I correct in thinking that the ultras small cylinder which gives me about forty shots.that the air bottle would give it more fills compared to the bigger cylinder on the hw giving around 100 shots would that be correct

Thanks in advance

I like a man that experiments. I use mainly JSB Exacts now, I read they make AA pellets for AA. The Ultra likes JSB best at 8.4gn. I practice at that range because its the distance the range ended up at from where I sit under cover. If you can try some FT targets at 5 yard increments, that will show you any rifles best range and with what pellet / pressure. Yes I get about forty from an Ultra too. The HW is giving sixty. Yes, you will get a few extra fills, its neither here nor there though as you just top up an Ultra more often. Twelve litres gives about sixty refills for me down to 200 bars, then I use that to top up the S410 for about ten fills at 190. I use a seven litre for carrying in the truck to jobs.

The HW has used JSB and H&N domed, the JSB gives a tighter group at 55 yards, if I am on form, its not the gun! I can manage one inch groups at that distance, thats as good as I ever get. I was taught to start on some simple "pleasing" shots every session, then move onto the difficult.

I put this fancy American sight on the Ultra deliberately as it was so accurate. I wanted irons but couldn't get a weld fine enough to keep the front blade on. Said elsewhere that it challenges me a bit and makes me think about my shooting. I am stuck in my ways a bit, I use .22 (S410) on rabbit clearance, but this HW has me thinking about those jobs as it is so quiet. The Daystate has killed at over fifty yards on windless days, but I don't have a lot of faith in it given its history. So the HW is looking very promising for me.

Best Wishes