My Kennels floor has been down 3 years and its in shit state ,flaking where water must of got in and expanded etc etc

Question is do i just dig it all up and relay as it runs at a slope and if like ive read on here laid ontop of old it would only be a few mm thick at the top end by buildings

Is there any concrete mix that's better to lay than others for run floors and would applying a sealer every year help

post-18601-0-47944900-1423994913_thumb.jpg

Edited by DEERMAN
  • Like 15

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Kennels floor has been down 3 years and its in shit state ,flaking where water must of got in and expanded etc etc   Question is do i just dig it all up and relay as it runs at a slope and if lik

Sorry I can't help just think that set up deserved a like. Brilliant set up deerman.. Wish I'd it! Hope you get your answers seeing as I'm useless lol

This pictures a bit shit but it's the only one I've got on my phone.

Posted Images

I'd tile it mate, only problem is it will cost you an arm and a leg due to them kennels being huge!!! Lol

can you tile out side and what tiles would you use ? and cost ?..i have thought about slabs
You can use quarry tiles or the type used around swimming pools. I'm not sure of the cost it was a few years back when I done minehttp://m.wallsandfloors.co.uk/catrangetiles/quarry-tiles/traditional-quarry/red-7573/11968/?gclid=CMfKqJjQ7cMCFabHtAodWWAAKg

Mine has done the same in places.I used a ready mix company as I had to lay it in a day on my own I wish I'd have knocked it up myself now.My mate is going to Tile mine in the summer 18squ metres he's told me to shop about and find the best deal on non slip porcelains.Im hoping to find some 600mm square tiles so there is less grout.I can't remember what adhesive and grout he said he would use but I know he said something about flexi.He said not to use quarry tiles as they are too porous.

Mine has done the same in places.I used a ready mix company as I had to lay it in a day on my own I wish I'd have knocked it up myself now.My mate is going to Tile mine in the summer 18squ metres he's told me to shop about and find the best deal on non slip porcelains.Im hoping to find some 600mm square tiles so there is less grout.I can't remember what adhesive and grout he said he would use but I know he said something about flexi.He said not to use quarry tiles as they are too porous.

Quarry tiles are sound as long as you seal them every so often with linseed oil, the piss just rolls off them into the drains

Mate thats such a shame, as your kennels look better than my house..

Can you not re lay a couple of inches ??

Time you fork out for tiles and someone to lay them or your own time.

My base aint that deep & been down for ages , mate put a good finish on with float..

What mix did you use ??

• Like 1

Mate thats such a shame, as your kennels look better than my house..

Can you not re lay a couple of inches ??

Time you fork out for tiles and someone to lay them or your own time.

My base aint that deep & been down for ages , mate put a good finish on with float..

What mix did you use ??

I didnt do it mate i had someone do it i was away at time ,think it was ready mix .................thinking of ripping it all up and getting someone in tidy to do it again .....its on a slope so up top by buildings it would be very thin if i laid ontop of old

Edited by DEERMAN

Aye thats shit really..

Good concrete should last a lifetime..

You got no come back of the the lad that out it down ??

Bet you paid a pretty penny for that setup..

I am moving soon - looking to put something similar - smaller though lol..

Tidy looking setup..