Hi Chaps Shooting Buddy/mentor

Nick8310

Hello everyone i have just this second joined i have been a member on pigeon watch for a while now and had no idea this site existed until now it seems great i am looking for a shooting buddy to take me out and about with them for rabbits and hoping they will show me the ropes for foxes as well. I have .22lr FAC with Moderator and NV and fully insured with BASC have been shooting for about 11 years although i dont mind just being a lamping buddy until you get to know me better or a meet up in the pub for a good old fashion chin wag.

I have a small permission however the landowner has a strict only me policy only i can shoot it with no buddy hence the NV kit and believe me i have tried to get people to join me so i wont be able to return the favour which is a shame but if your a Game keeper i will be able to help labour wise knocked up pens and dig dug outs and feeders livestock etc. as a way of saying thanks and if you're not then i will have to owe you a couple of beers.

Mainly though i am after a shooting buddy who can have a laugh as i have had years of being on my own sad i know. Also i can get the landowner to call or give reference that i am a safe reliable shot if its a added help but let me know gentlemen.

I live on the outskirts of Brentwood for those wondering where in essex i am.

:bye::thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by Nick8310

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well after many many knock backs I have given up, I have decided to get a shotgun seeing as it's the only way to get out with people mention the word rifle and no one talks to you I have only been interested in rifle shooting but the only people who offer to take me out which is very kind of them are shotgun shooters. I am of course knocking on doors but I am running out of places near me 15 golf courses all a sorry but we got people. Several farms some of which are too far away but still have tried and to no sucssess. So to the gentlemen who have these permissions near me well done on having them locked down so well I hope you enjoy your many acres of shooting (bitter voice) lol. So this is my, I officially give up post maybe getting a shotgun and going out with people I will eventually meet other rifle shooters but I find it mad that I have to take up shotgun shooting just to get out .

Bitterly defeated. Nick

Edited by Nick8310
  • Like 1

Problem around here is they already have those people on them I am just asking to go out with them lol. I will keep trying it's just a shame for the sport really. Shooting would be far more appreciated by the wider population if more opportunities were available and it wasn't so secretive. It's the whole secretive thing that makes non-shooters think it's a wrongdoing instead of a way of life.

Many thanks anyway Nick.?

Your goinnto struggle if you only want to shoot on your doorstep mate get a tank filled and do some miles mite pay off.

Or offer a bit of help around the farms mate normally helps build the trust up, people don't jump taking others with them mate thers to many people goin back uninvited, just my opinion any way.

• Like 1

Your goinnto struggle if you only want to shoot on your doorstep mate get a tank filled and do some miles mite pay off.

Or offer a bit of help around the farms mate normally helps build the trust up, people don't jump taking others with them mate thers to many people goin back uninvited, just my opinion any way.

Have done chap I offered 3 days a week still no takers I always wanted to be a game keeper offered free work without any shooting to local game keepers no takers and I have driven a fair bit but it needs to be somewhere I can go a few times a week so Norfolk is out the question lol I really am trying around here

• 2 months later...

Hope you've found somewhere by now Nick. If not, think outside the box a bit. Farms and golf courses will get you nowhere. Offer to shoot rats at stables or allotments or plant nurseries etc. Once you gain peoples trust they all know someone else who might offer you something better. There are thousands of places to shoot where the owners don't even know there are people like us who are willing to do it for free!