Can't Wait To Show This Footage!

Did this video ever come to light

Yeah here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA8jk5Ci3O0

I got a bit of stick with regards to the ferret backing down. But everything I had seen above ground, prior to underground filming, led me to believe she was a top notch worker. I still think that way too, she will bolt rabbits quicker than the others. Her brother is a big mean killing machine.... but that means digging a lot. Compared to the other videos shes featured in, this was a big open chamber, I've concluded a rabbit will have an advantage if it is given space to use it's agility. Also this rabbit seems overly confident so I'm assuming by it being the end of spring, he was feeling a little feisty. I've seen a lot of underground footage since and I haven't seen a rabbit with such big balls again.... I'll keep at it.

These are the four videos from last season, which some of you may have missed.

Outbreak. Too much wind and a long set up. The myxoma has depleted my local rabbit population, unfortunately.

https://youtu.be/y5lAUcqTUFc

Quick Bolt. Short video. Had it in mind to film something short, sweet and straight to the point, to give people a quick idea as to how ferreting works.

https://youtu.be/APT77Dhfm-Y

Underground Scuffle. Same ferret that was in the dump video. She had the drop on this rabbit. They prefer an approach from behind.

Hob in the Hedgerow. Nice above ground shot of the ferret tackling a bunny at the burrow entrance. Then holding it in the net while I figured out what was going on. Another nice shot of the ferret biting behind the ears towards the end. Overall good performance from the hob ferret.

Struggling to get good footage this season. Rabbit numbers are down here. Still early yet though.

Edited by ZeusPolecat
  • Like 11

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got some brilliant underground footage at the weekend! Solid five minutes of underground 'interaction'.           Will be a while until the videos edited as I have only just started editing vi

Yeah here it is   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA8jk5Ci3O0   I got a bit of stick with regards to the ferret backing down. But everything I had seen above ground, prior to underground filming,

Zeus maybe you could make the video private on youtube and just invite a few off this site to view it? me first. That way the anti twats wont see it.

Would not worry about people giving you jip about the ferret backing down. Working ferrets in ground like that full of barb wire concreat old pipes etc why would you want a ferret that killed to ground soon it got hold ... I no if I worked ground like that a ferret that didn't kill would be worth keeping as I wouldn't want be digging and not good leaving dead rabbits to ground.. suppose one mans shit is another mans gold . A old guy I do a bit with has a hob that will kill everything it gets it mouth on and kills quick he also has a really soft Jill that will take a couple kicks and will get kicked off ...the one that gets kicked off he will turn in anywhere knowing he won't have to dig ..the hob on the other hand mainly for shallow hedge sets

Would not worry about people giving you jip about the ferret backing down. Working ferrets in ground like that full of barb wire concreat old pipes etc why would you want a ferret that killed to ground soon it got hold ... I no if I worked ground like that a ferret that didn't kill would be worth keeping as I wouldn't want be digging and not good leaving dead rabbits to ground.. suppose one mans shit is another mans gold . A old guy I do a bit with has a hob that will kill everything it gets it mouth on and kills quick he also has a really soft Jill that will take a couple kicks and will get kicked off ...the one that gets kicked off he will turn in anywhere knowing he won't have to dig ..the hob on the other hand mainly for shallow hedge sets

this is a debate for another thread somewhere... we all have our own ways of doing things. and all work different types of ground.So therefore may require different types/styles of work from their teams. etc etc.

This is great footage though and I cannot wait to see some more..

Looks quality that mate, what camera you use for that?

Mostly GoPros

I agree. Theres a time and a place for each worker in a ferreters arsenal. She keeps tracking the rabbit down and for that I'm thankful.

As Vin said, it's a debate for another time. Each to their own regarding sex and size. Certain jobs and ground will dictate what ferrets used.