Knew my lad was working at something and keeping it out of sight so i played along and gave him his own space. He presented me with this knife las-night as an anniversary present. Landy spring blade and yew handle. 100% own design and work, no input from the old man on this one!

P1040586_zpsklwls833.jpg

P1040583_zpse8s2huxe.jpg

P1040579_zps0cyeo8tz.jpg

P1040576_zpsdtj8jtwt.jpg

• Like 14

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Made this the end of last summer. As with my other posts common the theme is recycled materials. Boards are off -cuts of roof sarking, came in a load of firewood. Rope is off the beach. Total cost is

Youtube !!!!!!!! My boy has been watching some guy cut big bits of wood into small bits and gluing them back together again. Anyway after rummaging in my scrap wood pile he has made these two chopping

Knew my lad was working at something and keeping it out of sight so i played along and gave him his own space. He presented me with this knife las-night as an anniversary present. Landy spring blade a

Posted Images

Talk about chip off the block. That is quite awesome. I like particularly the blend from rough to bright. Not to mention the yew. Stunning. Happy anniversary pal.

• Like 1

That is shit hot! Well done to the lad and well done to you and your Mrs on the Aniversery ;)

How would the wavey bit in the handle be done?

I really fancy a go at one myself lol but I dowt I could get to that standard anytime soon! Well done again to your lad

• Like 2

Jesus christ not only do we have to put up with feeling fecking useless by Gruff,now his kids are at it :laugh: .

That is brilliant mate and well done that lad,congrats on the aniversery and many more years and projects to come :victory: ....

• Like 1

That's bonny.....he should start selling them, I'd buy one!

Something he has expressed an interest in. As all knife makers know a lot of time goes into a unique blade and it is hard to justify the price you would have to charge to make it pay.

• Like 2

I look at this knife every day since the post. It is brilliant. The concept is brilliant. The finish is brilliant and the backdrop for the pics is brilliant. I am going to try to make something that gets the same feelings. You must be proud pal. Jok.

• Like 1

I look at this knife every day since the post. It is brilliant. The concept is brilliant. The finish is brilliant and the backdrop for the pics is brilliant. I am going to try to make something that gets the same feelings. You must be proud pal. Jok.

Thanks Jok, yes I am proud of him, he's a good lad, comes up with his own ideas and designs and has reached a stage he can follow the through himself, i'm sure he will go a log way at whatever he decides to do in life.

• Like 2