Poacher Caught

some of you lads take life too seriously -take a chill pill and just "hope" your still around at this old fellas age -i for one dont give a flying fck if he is taking deer off a large greedy mans estate

• Like 3

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

good luck to the owd lad,

raped by people like this lol get a life pal , hes feckin 70 yr old hes not a transit van full of scoats , hes a guy who has probably forgotten more than you will ever know !!! sounds to me like your

See the difference is i wouldn,t class wild animals as anyones property...

Be good if he was a Robin Hood and gave it to the needy, seems he's more like a highway man. Robs of anyone, fences it and adds the money to his stash to fund his house (Stag Villa) and his Jag with private plates then goes and robs some more.

Still stealing though isn't it?

How would you feel if it was someone pinching stuff out of your garage or garden, just because you have more than him?

The landowner may have land and money but that doesn't mean it's ok to steal from him surely?

I'm amazed at the double standards on here, if anyone here had poachers on their permission they would be up in arms and shouting about it, calling the coppers and wanting something done.

Just because it's an old boy versus a rich landowner it's suddenly ok? Absolute rubbish!

He is a thief, convicted multiple times and still doing it yet people admire him?

Poaching isn't an innocent crime, one deer may not be much in the grand scheme of things but it's just the tip of the iceberg. How many has he had over the years? Not out of necessity to feed himself either, just to buy a house, car and personalised number plates! Remember that when some smackhead burgles your house to get his next fix. Same thing.

Or steals your dog.

Don,t want to stoke the fire up here lol but i do find roe one of the easiest animals to get close to for a photo....

Agreed, it's funny how it goes, I was out today lovely sunny morning just for a walk with dogs and took the shotgun, an area I use for rabbit and pigeon as there not normally many deer. Today I saw 7 roe 2 foxes and 2 fallow, and got close to them all.

I'm sure most of the deer round here know my jeep.

Bearing in mind this is a deer stalking & management forum it appears most of the comments and likes are in favour of the poacher, comments like "good on him" etc. does that mean that most people on here are happy with "a poacher". it could be that some on here know that if they say something against the law they will get slated by some other departments.

Whether the land is shot or not does that give the rights to anyone to poach?

For those who don't have an issue with a poacher do you have land, you do the vermin or deer management? do you have a problem if poachers came on your land?

And referring to my initial comment about this being a stalk & management forum what sort of management is there in supporting a poacher?

Bearing in mind this is a public forum and has a section for youngsters what signals are being sent out to the younger ones who come on here to read stories and see what is going on?

Whether he is 70, 50,30 or 16 the law should be the same and for the fact he has done it before and poachers are not good for our industry shouldn't we all condemn what he is doing.

I notice no one commented on my earlier reply, I asked those who say "good on him" would you say the same if it was a Romany Gypsy doing it.

I dislike intensely using any kind of biblical quote, however "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" does seem rather appropriate in this instance.

What I am trying (obviously not well) to get across is that I bet everyone of us commenting on this subject, has poached something over the years, be it a rabbit, that cock pheasant just over the border of your land, a trout from a stream owned by someone, the list is endless, but I think the man who says he has never done it is either a liar, or shoots from his armchair :yes:

• Like 2

Yea I agree with that cc but there is a massive difference of putting a net on a hole over the fence, or letting your dog do that bush 3 feet over the hedge to deliberately going out multiple times to take deer, getting caught and being set free to do it again, punishment is about a deterrent to others, is that?

Don't get me wrong I was a whip in a fox hound pack and we were short of foxes in South ayrshire where I was and there was a guy who was the local rogue he used to take foxes and if you chat to him he will tell you the stories of standing in the rivers with a pitch fork to catch the salmon as they came up, and yes I probably learnt a lot from him leaning on a bar talking. But then Ronnie and Reggie were known to be characters in their own right.

Right or wrong on a deer management forum we need to be seen to do it right.

some of you lads take life too seriously -take a chill pill and just "hope" your still around at this old fellas age -i for one dont give a flying fck if he is taking deer off a large greedy mans estate

Still stealing though isn't it?

How would you feel if it was someone pinching stuff out of your garage or garden, just because you have more than him?

The landowner may have land and money but that doesn't mean it's ok to steal from him surely?

I'm amazed at the double standards on here, if anyone here had poachers on their permission they would be up in arms and shouting about it, calling the coppers and wanting something done.

Just because it's an old boy versus a rich landowner it's suddenly ok? Absolute rubbish!

He is a thief, convicted multiple times and still doing it yet people admire him?

Poaching isn't an innocent crime, one deer may not be much in the grand scheme of things but it's just the tip of the iceberg. How many has he had over the years? Not out of necessity to feed himself either, just to buy a house, car and personalised number plates! Remember that when some smackhead burgles your house to get his next fix. Same thing.

but this is nowt like a smackheed burgling a house! just a few deer that most big landowners dont even know about haway man get a grip on lifes real issues

• Like 2

Still stealing though isn't it?How would you feel if it was someone pinching stuff out of your garage or garden, just because you have more than him?The landowner may have land and money but that doesn't mean it's ok to steal from him surely?I'm amazed at the double standards on here, if anyone here had poachers on their permission they would be up in arms and shouting about it, calling the coppers and wanting something done.Just because it's an old boy versus a rich landowner it's suddenly ok? Absolute rubbish!He is a thief, convicted multiple times and still doing it yet people admire him?Poaching isn't an innocent crime, one deer may not be much in the grand scheme of things but it's just the tip of the iceberg. How many has he had over the years? Not out of necessity to feed himself either, just to buy a house, car and personalised number plates! Remember that when some smackhead burgles your house to get his next fix. Same thing.
but this is nowt like a smackheed burgling a house! just a few deer that most big landowners dont even know about haway man get a grip on lifes real issues
A smackhead NEEDS to steal for his next fix, this thief is stealing to fund his lifestyle, his house, his car and plates reading 5tag. He is a career criminal with multiple convictions and you can defend him?Don't get these misty eyed notions that poaching is a victimless crime, it isn't. It's organised theft on a big scale. This bloke may be 70 but I think he should have had his guns and licence removed years ago. He had somewhere to shoot legitimately but still shot over someone elses land and stole their deer. What is so hard to understand about that?

Do you think if he,s a proper ........career criminal......he,d still have his licence ,doubt it no matter what age.....and how your comparing him to smack heads is beyond me.....

• Like 1

Definition of a poacher

"Poaching" has traditionally been defined as the illegal hunting, killing, or capturing of wild animals.

The word illegal may give it away

Trouble is this guy when asked if he was done poaching winked and said of course

So he will be out again soon.

Edited by Philluk
  • Like 1