I normally run my knives over a stone to put an edge on them, but 'er indoors kitchen knives are getting pretty blunt. The kitchen steel doesn't help much and she's not keen on me using my stones to sharpen them.

What's the best thing to use for sharpening decent quality kitchen knives?

Send them down to me mate I will get dan to sharpen on the butchers electric water stone and finish them on a steel ... They normally charge but because you are infirm and mentally challenged I am sure he will do it for free lol ........

• Like 1

Can't you track down some of the diamond dust things. I got a pack of 3 (coarse, medium & fine) for 7 or 8 quid at a a

hardware store. They look like a plastic sheet (different grades are different colours), 3 mm thick, & maybe 5cm by 15cm with a sparkly sheet of dust impregnated steel (with lots of oval holes) stuck to it. They're absolute dynamite, give a fantastic edge, don't seem to wear out, & seeing as your missus has against your stones, you could always stick to the "diamonds are a girls best friend" line... (unless you're not married, in which case I would advise never mentioning diamonds, ever, of course).

• Like 1

Diamond oil stone and water stones best..

I keep on top of the edge with a steel..

When I was a chef a old fella used to come round the restaurants,he take the knife to his van and put a cracking edge on them..

Think he used some sort of grinder..