Mole Traps In The Frost

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well there here, the traps from France. delivered within 6 days They are strong, glad i have to tool to open them with, be very time comsuming and trapped fingers with out   Will try them out on Th

Simple.....just build a mole hill on top of the trap, the soil will protect it from a freeze-up and it won't effect firing.....job done.....   I also use this set when trapping public places such a

Pms sent to Socks and Nicepics. I will make sure you get them back with hopefully a few more. Left the trap sent by Mr muddy with Jon ,He will make the jig on monday and then try one or two for me to

Posted Images

I tend to use them where I can't get into a straight run (I set half barrel traps where I can). I can only speak for my little part of the world, but with small gardens, tree roots, flower beds etc, I do use them quite a lot.

Shropshire, If you're having trouble with the triggers pinging out - which I did when I first started using them - you can try roughing them up a bit; worked for me.

About 25mm from the prongs and as close to it not protruding at the other side as is possible, No more than 1 - 2mm proud of the trap. Then put the trap down, prongs up and to the right, set another and place it on top, prongs down and to the left. That way they stack one on top of the other. I use a 2.5 litre ice cream tub (from Lidl) that has been cut down to about 2" high and place three pairs in that ready for use. Another cut down ice cream tub goes inside, on top, with the pegs and flags I use to secure and mark them. I use a piece of string as a handle on the top box to make it easier to lift off.

• Like 1

I tend to use them where I can't get into a straight run (I set half barrel traps where I can). I can only speak for my little part of the world, but with small gardens, tree roots, flower beds etc, I do use them quite a lot.

Shropshire, If you're having trouble with the triggers pinging out - which I did when I first started using them - you can try roughing them up a bit; worked for me.

Exactly what I posted on another thread, thanks for the confirmation.

Yes, I saw that bryn - didn't have time to reply.

I've not used nomole traps; but they look like expensive versions of pieges putange.

Like I posted earlier, I carry a scythe stone with them - keeps them rough enough not to misfire (usually), and smooth enough to still work when the mole trips them.