Sign in to follow this  
Workingdogtomf

Not A Good Weekend

Had a bad weekend this week , took the dogs for a stroll my patt was off the lead and not collared up as I didn't think their were any earths near by , so i was unaware that he had dropped into a spot. Spent the next 10-11 hours looking for him thought he had just got a bit carried away and done a runner , was out till late on the lamp with my lurcher bitch looking for him , Charlie accounted for while searching , this morning got up early and went back to where I lost him wasn't gonna give up till I got him back! , went to where I last saw him , took the spaniel lurcher cross with me in hope of her following the scent to him , she led me to a small earth under a small tree , layed down and had a listen and sure enough could hear grunting , called for reinforcements and within ten mins of them arriving we brick through ontop of the dog , worked out he'd been down around 27 hours , pulled him away , fox dispatched and went and cleaned him up and gave him a big dinner , lesson learnt he won't be going anywhere without the locator collar on

• Like 6

You been very lucky mate if you dont know the land always have a leader or collar on, and well done dog long time he spent working

Edited by Simpson10

27 hours bloody heart of a lion some of these terriers amazes me how they physically do it

• Like 1

Was very lucky won't slip up like that again , terriers done me proud so far and at the huge fee of £60 that I payed for him I'm made up with his performance so far :) ATB (and I think £60 was a steal for this dog!)

• Like 2

Glad the terrier is ok. Theres no outher dog in this world that has more balls than a good working terrier! They really are the best

• Like 1

Guy int pub said he would call that a great weekend, especially now the worry over

Guy down the pub would be right.

• Like 3