Mole Trapping Experience

Ive no past experience, done anything related to mole trapping. Would appreciate a few days out, learning the basics if any ones kind enough. Willing to carry all the gear etc etc. Am a few miles south of edinburgh, dont mind traveling a wee bit. Cheers

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I said, if it you consider it 'great' then that is fine for you. I don't. To me it is regurgitation of the same old diatribe that almost every trapping book has been for the past 100 years. Based o

Don't hold your breath JD!   Peter Fullerton - I do have opinions, and if you spend time reading the same old drivel on here year after year then you would have too. None, and I think I am safe in s

There is still lots people never discuss about moles and trapping.....either they don't know or they don't want to talk about it......

Ok, can you explain why you find the Jeff Nicholls book to be sub-standard & give us some better alternatives please. I read it a few months ago, & thought that it was quite informative (as I knew nothing about moles at the time, other than the fact that I was overrun with the little beggars). I've caught 6 in the last 3 days in my small field, based entirely upon the information that I got from his book & the 2 books that I got from Fourteenacre. Everyone has to start their search for knowledge somewhere, & his book seemed as good a starting point as any, so why were we allegedly wrong in this supposition?

As I said, if it you consider it 'great' then that is fine for you. I don't. To me it is regurgitation of the same old diatribe that almost every trapping book has been for the past 100 years. Based on hearsay, or lacking modern invention or forethought. Anyone can read 5 books and paraphrase them all to make another with a different title, but in doing so nothing progresses or improves, and this generation of trappers is no better informed than the last. Take a look at Arthur Randell, Guy N Smith - do they break new ground? I doubt it. Traps have moved on, technology and mobility have moved on, but the text remains the same. It is about time that something new was delivered, a book, dvd or app perhaps that would improve the trappers lot rather than freezing it in the dark ages.

Just MHO that you asked for.

• Like 5

As I said, if it you consider it 'great' then that is fine for you. I don't. To me it is regurgitation of the same old diatribe that almost every trapping book has been for the past 100 years. Based on hearsay, or lacking modern invention or forethought. Anyone can read 5 books and paraphrase them all to make another with a different title, but in doing so nothing progresses or improves, and this generation of trappers is no better informed than the last. Take a look at Arthur Randell, Guy N Smith - do they break new ground? I doubt it. Traps have moved on, technology and mobility have moved on, but the text remains the same. It is about time that something new was delivered, a book, dvd or app perhaps that would improve the trappers lot rather than freezing it in the dark ages.

Just MHO that you asked for.

a book, dvd, app or more likely a forum I should think. There has been some very good, innovative stuff posted on here in the last few days :)