Beating A Rough Shoot Today...

Got out today to beat on a rough shoot and had a good day of it,started slow but got better after some lunch when we got to driving the places we'd pushed the birds towards on the first few,saw some nice wildlife,hare and jay amongst other stuff,and nice countryside,ended the day with good bag of pheasant, partridge,pigeon and a woodcock,the landowner wants us to get rid of the rabbit on his and hopefully his neighbours land with the ferrets and air rifle so could have landed a nice new permission!!...

Edited by random
  • Like 1

Cheers,they have had a few this season but I've only managed to go twice,this was the second time,and we bagged less this time but it's a good day out and we have a laugh, we get a good mix of quarry so makes it interesting as we get all sorts popping up,now we may have somewhere to hunt as well so looking like a good year ahead...

Edited by random

I use the term "rough" incorrectly really,I call what you described a walked up day,what we do is a driven day but fairly informal as pegs aren't drawn and everything is decided on the day amongst the couple of guys who organise it not one gamekeeper,so I probably gave the wrong idea sorry,just my incorrect terminology causing confusion!!

• Like 1

Unfortunately not I never remember to take any,I'm a fan of photos myself,think they really add something to a narrative,when I next get out I must try to get some so I can stick them on the write up...

• 5 weeks later...