When To Seperate (Vasectomised)

i'm sending my hob, groot, to have the snip on thursday. with the missus being in the vet trade i get decent prices so i thought i may as well snip the big fella's little fella rather than pay for jabs each year which gives me the option to breed a litter in a couple of years if i want to bring in a foreign hob.

all 3 of them (him, his sister plus another jill from a different litter) are all this years young and i was curious about whether or not he would still need to be seperated if he was snipped or can i just leave him in there with them?

If you leave him in with Jill's when he and the Jill's come into season he will constantly try and mate with them as he is still a complete hob but just firing blanks if you want to leave him in with Jill's you would have to have him castrated but then he couldent bring your Jill's out of season my snipped hob lives with 4 Jill's but soon as they start coming into season he is housed by his self and only put with Jill's to mate with them and bring them out of season

As said unless he marks there necks or cuts them two Jill's should see him okay where as with one he would be mating her all the time and it's up to you ,you might want to use him on mates Jill's or hire him out to recomp the cost of the operation after you have tested he's firing blanks on one of your Jill's

He`ll be fine in with them once done bud, well 3 or 4 weeks after the op. I would only separate if he starts marking up the jills necks which he probably will, just to give the jills some time out.

3 - 4 weeks not long enough; need to give it at least 6 weeks after the op

He`ll be fine in with them once done bud, well 3 or 4 weeks after the op. I would only separate if he starts marking up the jills necks which he probably will, just to give the jills some time out.

MIne went in just under 3 weeks as I was told two by the vet and another member.. I never had no problems.

OK fellas been thinking about getting my hob snipped what sort of cost would I be looking at,its either that or have my Jill's neutered ,rob

I think I paid around £110 for the vasectomy, with the option of paying another £70 I think to send the chopped out parts off to make sure it was the right parts FFS, as my hob had small tubes apparently, which I find strange, as he was a over a year old, a fair old size and had monstrous nuts. I declined..

If you just got the lad done, it would mean only one animal to care for post op, he would still fulfill his duties in and out of his cage and if your jills were any good you could still breed off them.

MIne went in just under 3 weeks as I was told two by the vet and another member.. I never had no problems.

Interesting your vet said 2 weeks. Although it's a while since I last had a hob done I'm almost certain I was told 6. If you gave it 3 weeks and all was well that's all that matters. I think the important thing for Jax to realise is that there has to be a gap between the post-op recovery time and letting the hob get on with the job; too soon and the jills can still fall pregnant.

OK fellas been thinking about getting my hob snipped what sort of cost would I be looking at,its either that or have my Jill's neutered ,rob

I think I paid around £110 for the vasectomy, with the option of paying another £70 I think to send the chopped out parts off to make sure it was the right parts FFS, as my hob had small tubes apparently, which I find strange, as he was a over a year old, a fair old size and had monstrous nuts. I declined..

If you just got the lad done, it would mean only one animal to care for post op, he would still fulfill his duties in and out of his cage and if your jills were any good you could still breed off them.

cheers for the reply think I'll make some inquires about the snip ,atb rob