Hornady Superformance

Hi walshie

I use these in my 223 with very good results .

At first my tikka would only group with home loads after trying others and then tried these and wasn't hoping for much but I was amazed how accurate they were and have accounted for many of fox.

They have my vote .

Regards

Colin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What are you using them for. If it's just for foxing out to 200 yards or so, I don't see any advantage over the cheaper stuff, as long as the cheaper stuff groups ok in your rifle. They are devastating on vermin though, probably not a good choice if you intend to eat anything you shoot with them. I tried the 40 grainers in my .223 Howa & they were no more accurate than Privvy, so decided to go with those as I don't reload.

John :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just be aware the claimed velocities hornady advertise don't always live up to expectations, especially in the .243 calibre where anything less than a .24" barrel will generally struggle.

I've chronoed the .243 58 g v max which are supposedly doing 3900 fops.

They were actually doing 3650................

.223 40 grain v max ( not superformance ) claims 3800 but actually delivers through a 20" barrel around 3670.

53 g superformance .................... Etc, etc etc,.

My advice is always chrono your ammo in your rifle to get a true indication of the energy and trajectory.