Hi pal, We're in Yorkshire!! But will travel...

When you say "worried about inviting unknown guns" do you mean guns that are inexperienced with flushing with hounds??... If so ....

Guns are to be stood a good distance away from cover & wood!! & only allowed to shoot when vermin breaks clean from the cover!! Guns should NEVER!! Shoot into cover or woods!!

I hope that's what you meant!! Lol....

Yes that's what I mean. Ground vermin/game has a habit of running back to cover and trigger happy or keen guns can follow the quarry.

What I'm saying is not every gun is reliable, that is why (generally) they don't allow shooting ground game/vermin on shoots.

Also it sounded like you was offering shooting.

i lent a jrt to my mate on a farmers drive , a fox went to ground , he put the terrier in surrounded by the shoot members/farmers . charlie bolted & was shot then the terrier came out shook itself of the sand,.... bang !! thats £300 i was owed .. never again lol ,trigger happy idiots :censored:

Yes farmer kev, you can't beat the sound of hounds finding their quarry!! No matter how many times you've been out with them, once they open up, you do get a rush of blood!!!!

Sorry to hear about your Russell, bunny tickler!! That defo shouldn't happen!! Thinks it's better to use fox netts really!! Or very experienced guns!!

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...