Lurcher Training

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Listen up young man,...training a lurcher is not hard....   Unless you are keen to get into some kind of competitive aspect of the running dog game,.racing, coursing,.sit and stay comps, kinda thing

You would take money from the boy to take him out ?

You want her bringing then to you a live if possible..something for me to be working on also.at lease the retrieve enyway..

how do you no hees a boy ,ive always believed in paying my way or returning the favour ,you go shooting you pay your day ,you go coursing you pay the farmer one way or another ,thats what makes the world go round ,doesnt have to be money a bit deisel for jeep a bag of dog food ,if people are good to you and you return the favour , its always rememberd ,if i came to a mans land coursed , etc i would give him a good will gesture money fish whatever he likes ,just the way i see it

• Like 1

how do you no hees a boy ,ive always believed in paying my way or returning the favour ,you go shooting you pay your day ,you go coursing you pay the farmer one way or another ,thats what makes the world go round ,doesnt have to be money a bit deisel for jeep a bag of dog food ,if people are good to you and you return the favour , its always rememberd ,if i came to a mans land coursed , etc i would give him a good will gesture money fish whatever he likes ,just the way i see it

That sounds fair enough. I'm asking for some of your time to teach me what is very kind its only fair I give you something for your time.

mate he wants to see good dog work ,fetching marking ,not some scruffy yapping beddie lol any way its all sorted ,had several out this year they had a blast , been a good season so far pups are doing well ,on the big land old dogs are ferreting fine had some good nites days , and some goodnumbers ,some of the land i have accses you could have the old feild trails on be good to get then going agin ,got the accses to accomadaition ,game etc food for thought

Hi,

Think seriously about what you want.

People usually re-home for a reason. Be it circumstances, or other issues.

It might be a good idea to get out with lads who have running dogs, and learn all you can from them.

Take your time, and see if it's for you.

And if your very lucky, and prove yourself, you might land a pup with breeding.

Atb

Ferreting man, you seem to want a finished,all singing and dancing hunting dog but not willing to commit the time and energy into training one. I don't believe they are available off the shelf and ready to go.

i appreciate with any dog you have to put the time in i do. i just need to think long and hard on whats the best option for me and of course the dog. just trying to find out as much as i can before making my decision. its a big commitment. ideally i want to end up eventually with a good working dog. either raised from a pup or rescued it will have to be trained alot.

Listen up young man,...training a lurcher is not hard....

Unless you are keen to get into some kind of competitive aspect of the running dog game,.racing, coursing,.sit and stay comps, kinda thing,...and simply want to have some good sport,...then just get yourself (and preferably a nice bold sensible pup) ,...out and about...as much as you can....

Walk the fields and hedgerows,..stand quietly in the dark woods,.just watching and listening,...try to become the true hunter, that you also desire your canine pal to be...

Enjoy the lurcher,...he is the ultimate working canine,...be worthy of owning him...

Don't make what is a perfectly natural thing, into some kind of rocket science,...cos it fecking ain't.... :laugh:

All the best, Phil.

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 7

Ferreting man, you seem to want a finished,all singing and dancing hunting dog but not willing to commit the time and energy into training one. I don't believe they are available off the shelf and ready to go.

i appreciate with any dog you have to put the time in i do. i just need to think long and hard on whats the best option for me and of course the dog. just trying to find out as much as i can before making my decision. its a big commitment. ideally i want to end up eventually with a good working dog. either raised from a pup or rescued it will have to be trained alot.

Unless you are keen to get into some kind of competitive aspect of the running dog game,.racing, coursing,.sit and stay comps, kinda thing,...and simply want to have some good sport,...then just get yourself (and preferably a nice bold sensible pup) ,...out and about...as much as you can....

Walk the fields and hedgerows,..stand quietly in the dark woods,.just watching and listening,...try to become the true hunter, that you also desire your canine pal to be...

Enjoy the lurcher,...he is the ultimate working canine,...be worthy of owning him...

Don't make what is a perfectly natural thing, into some kind of rocket science,...cos it fecking ain't.... :laugh:

All the best, Phil.

DSC_6472.jpg

Well said :)

Ferreting man, you seem to want a finished,all

singing and dancing hunting dog but not willing to

commit the time and energy into training one. I don't believe they are available off the shelf and ready to go.

Enjoy the lurcher,...he is the ultimate working canine,...be worthy of owning him...[/

All the best, Phil.

DSC_6472.jpg

That's great advice

Edited by Chicken_man
  • Like 1

All the best, Phil.

thank you very much for the advice i will defiantly take it all in.