Lurcher Training

hello everyone i was hoping yous could help me with a question. i had this lurcher fast as out lovely dog she was from a rescue center and quite soft. i really struggled to train her for hunting she loved to chase rabbits but when she caught them up she didnt know what to do. so my question is how do you get that lurcher to kill rabbits?. i tried chucking dead rabbits for her to be curious nothing so any tips would be great thanks

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Listen up young man,...training a lurcher is not hard....   Unless you are keen to get into some kind of competitive aspect of the running dog game,.racing, coursing,.sit and stay comps, kinda thing

You would take money from the boy to take him out ?

You want her bringing then to you a live if possible..something for me to be working on also.at lease the retrieve enyway..

Keep taking her out mate the penny will drop eventually a mate had a bitch like that she would just sit behind them without putting a strike in but she will learn, some Lurchers have a natural strike from the first time they see a rabbit some have a natural retrieving ability but there a different and sometimes it's not as easy as it should be but time an patiance is the key

Keep taking her out mate the penny will drop eventually a mate had a bitch like that she would just sit behind them without putting a strike in but she will learn, some Lurchers have a natural strike from the first time they see a rabbit some have a natural retrieving ability but there a different and sometimes it's not as easy as it should be but time an patiance is the key

thanks mate. i rehomed her. she went to a couple who where very friendly and felt like she would be more happy with them. :sorry: but i hope to have another lurcher soon i aappreciateany advice you can give me. :)