Sign in to follow this  
muttley94

Books

I'll second that about the Edmund Bert/Derry Argue book.........a fascinating & still a challenging read. Strangely, in the 300 or so years since that's been written, there hasn't been another decent book written about flying goshawks in the uk? Truly bizarre.....

.....& unless you've got money to burn, I wouldn't be worried about chasing up first editions either.....;-)

ACCIPTER, I TOTALLY AGREE THERE HASN'T BEEN A GOOD GOSHAWK BOOK PRODUCED FOR A VERY LONG TIME. ONE HAS BEEN COMPLIED TOGETHER BUT IT ISN'T A FALCONRY BOOK, JUST A BOOK ABOUT THE GOS AND IT'S HABITAT. POYSER PRODUCE THE BOOK, AND IF YOU LIKE THE GOS I'D DEFINITELY GET IT. IT'S A VERY GOOD READ.Lutra

I'll second that about the Edmund Bert/Derry Argue book.........a fascinating & still a challenging read. Strangely, in the 300 or so years since that's been written, there hasn't been another decent book written about flying goshawks in the uk? Truly bizarre.....

.....& unless you've got money to burn, I wouldn't be worried about chasing up first editions either.....;-)

ACCIPTER, I TOTALLY AGREE THERE HASN'T BEEN A GOOD GOSHAWK BOOK PRODUCED FOR A VERY LONG TIME. ONE HAS BEEN COMPLIED TOGETHER BUT IT ISN'T A FALCONRY BOOK, JUST A BOOK ABOUT THE GOS AND IT'S HABITAT. POYSER PRODUCE THE BOOK, AND IF YOU LIKE THE GOS I'D DEFINITELY GET IT. IT'S A VERY GOOD READ.Lutra

Looking for the Goshawk by Conor Mark Jameson is also well worth a read, again not about falconry, but interesting all the same......

I just can't get my head round the fact that there isn't a great modern book published in the uk about keeping & hunting with Goshawks, the uk of all places! Yes there are great books with interesting subtext on the subject, but nothing comprehensive imo......it's a great shame.