• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks bunny tickler but I aint on fbook pal. more hassle than its worth!

Big thanks to plummerterrior. Kindly gave me a 16mm lens he had spare, wouldnt even take anything for postage! Cheers fella, Its perfect! Ry

They will do for Rimmy no bother but I would pay extra for decent camera etc will pay for its self in the long run.

• 1 month later...

I have just about done it today. thats the link I put on above. I wanted to give it a try tonight but its pissin it down now! typical! I have been checkin it to my wood shed which is 30 yards and thats clear as a bell. havent tried any further yet.

Just had a look across padock at the front of the house to the fence line, about 60 yards. wasnt very good im afraid, I could see the fence and wouldve easily seen eyes if they were there but pic went a bit grainy? Seemed to be strugglin for light so wonderin if its the IR torch I have? O muat add I am reserving judgement, it wasnt a proper trial seen as I was stood out the front of my house in my calvins in the wind and the rain!

Well we did tell you the chinky camera would be a waste of money, but at least you tried it. Try the ej230 and you'll be amazed at the difference. Oh, and get a good monitor as well, some of them are crap.

You'll be better off going to the nv forum and reading up for a day or so, everything you need is tried and tested on there.

Yep, possibly. The ir filter blocks out infra red light for daytime use giving you colour vision. Without it daytime colour goes to pot.

Usually an ir filter is a reddish glass glued to the camera sensor. Some will just flick off with your thumbnail, some need a scalpel under them and other knacker the sensor up. If you get the camera against the light you can usually see the filter reflecting the light a sort of pinky / red.