10 replies to this topic

#1 Benallen

Benallen

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:46 pm

Hello I am offering help in Shropshire area for controll of feral pigeons in stores and crop areas would appreciate any offers clean no mess respect for premises any response welcome thanks

#2 shropshire dan

shropshire dan

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:52 pm

Good luck pal. Your first 2 posts are asking for permission.

http://www.thehuntin...et-permissions/

Edited by shropshire dan, 08 January 2015 - 09:54 pm.

#3 Benallen

Benallen

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:55 pm

Not ask don't get

#4 shropshire dan

shropshire dan

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:03 am

That's very true mate. But you'd have been better off contributing to the forum first. Once people get to know you a little on here and then ask for help with permissions you'd have a much better chance mate. Just trying to help.

Where abouts in Shropshire are you?

Regards
Dan
  • moxy likes this

#5 Benallen

Benallen

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:42 pm

Hmmm contributing how is that gonna get me permission and bridgnorth area mate where you from mate

#6 shropshire dan

shropshire dan

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 04:33 pm

Wem between Whitchurch and Shrewsbury mate.

What I mean by contributing is by letting the lads get to know you a little before asking for permission.

As it stands you've just joined the forum and instantly asked for permission, and as I'm sure you'd agree lads don't give away land to the new kid on the block without getting to know them a little first as you no land is very hard to get.

I am honestly trying to help the link which I provided gives very good advice and examples which will most definitely help you out.

#7 shropshire dan

shropshire dan

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 04:41 pm

Maybe also try offering a night out with you in return for a night out with the other lad. It's all about getting to know people who share the same interest and are in the same boat.
I started shooting at 5 years old With a pellet gun then grew up had kids and didn't bother shooting again until about 5 years ago I now currently have over 6000 acres of land to shoot over and also shoot for the local council. I started with nothing and now have a lot.

#8 Benallen

Benallen

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:02 pm

I no wem yes I get your point now to be fair I'm in same boat I used to shoot them met my partner moved out had two kids and only now that been able to get back in to it my grandad has a farm near me wich I shoot on but not much in the way of feral pigeons or rabbits plenty of rats wich my terrier gets I just want to get more experience I'd love to go lampung personally always wanted to try it out I just need a few places to shoot because going to one place all the time i have to,give it time before I go back I've thought about putting feeders up for squirrels in his wood like but not sure at the moment I need to try and buddy up with someone to be fair just gotta keep trying I suppose

#9 shropshire dan

shropshire dan

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:47 pm

Keep at it matey something will come up somewhere.

Atb
Dan

#10 stubby

stubby

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,706 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:24 pm

my grandad has a farm near me wich I shoot on plenty of rats wich my terrier gets

so offer some ratting out, either with dogs or rifle, in return for a day on the pigeons, it's how it normally works

• shropshire dan and LurcherLad94 like this

#11 shropshire dan

shropshire dan

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:35 pm

+1 Stubby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users