Any Deer Stalking Opportunities In Lancashire?

Anyone know of any opportunities? Really fancy giving it a go and would love to tag along and get a flavour of it

I have a .223 conditioned for Scottish Roe, tagged along for one stalk and drew a blank. I have a slot for .243 specifically for Deer but very rarely see any on the land. I'd consider part exchanging the .223 for a .243 if I enjoy the sport but wouldn't mind some more experience under my belt to find out if it's for me

Thanks in advance

Elliott

Edited by Elliott

Probably better off booking a stalk and using their rifle mate

Due to the odd tosser going on people land and then approaching land owners after etc you'd be lucky to find anyone to take you on any hunting land, let alone on any good land with stalking

Sucks for newbies trying to get experience but few bad ones ruin it for everyone

• Like 2

Thanks chaps, I may end up doing that if I can't gain any more permission locally. The area where I live has lots of beautiful countryside, estates and farms. Should be full of deer if only I could get some land to shoot on!

http://www.lonsdale-estates.co.uk/roe-deer-stalking

My little brothers just booked me and him for a stalk on the does for my birthday £100 each including 1 carcass and £25 if you manage another afterwards. I thought that was quite reasonable? ( but then I'm not paying lol)

That's not too bad, especially if you take the carcas and around 45mins from me. Do they supply the rifle?

Yeah they charge £50 for ammo tho! But tbh they seem pretty sound, and when my brother said I'd been a few times and not grassed anything and he had never been, I think he took putty on us lol and said he would wave the ammo fee for us and make sure we got on some deer, also said there is plenty about and we should get a couple each with any luck ;) I'm looking forward to it

It's the same most places lads, if the lands good people will pay or of been there for years.

My first bit of land I was introduced thankfully

Recently got a connection for some land in Devon cos I know a family member of them so hoping that comes off for me

It seems to be! They all seem taken which isn't a suprise really. It is very clicky too, nobody seems willing to take you out despite being able to do the same elsewhere in return

When I get some more time I think I'll knock on a few farms and offer some vermin control in the hope of it leading to other permissions.

Getting perms for stalking has ALWAYS been a hard job , as it is to get any permissions for any sport , BUT it is possible ..It takes time & a lot of effort .The hardest thing is to get some to trust you.I have never managed to knock on a door & get a permission , all the land I stalk on has come from introductions ,word of mouth , someone putting your name forward . I dare say their are cases were you can knock on the door & come away with a perm but I think their few and far between .More so the person doing the vermin, someone who helps on the farm or a recommendation from another farmer etc ..as for taking people out I can see were people complain no one will help but again its not always possible .On a couple of my places" I have the stalking " , I am not allowed to take anyone out with me .The owners want the deer controlled , they don't want anyone else walking about with a firearm they don't know or trust .If this is a condition on the permission then that it & you would be a fool not to abide by it ..hard to get & easy to loose .....ps ...a little bit of LUCK is always a welcome add on ..

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know of any opportunities? Really fancy giving it a go and would love to tag along and get a flavour of it

I have a .223 conditioned for Scottish Roe, tagged along for one stalk and drew a blank. I have a slot for .243 specifically for Deer but very rarely see any on the land. I'd consider part exchanging the .223 for a .243 if I enjoy the sport but wouldn't mind some more experience under my belt to find out if it's for me

Thanks in advance

Elliott

Unfortunately with all the land owners and forest enterprises insisting that anyone controlling deer has to have a minimum of DSC1 and also registered with them as a named controller it is not easy for novice stalkers getting into the game, Shortly to be a minimum condition in Scotland If SNH have their way and now doubt in England and Wales from conditions i have seen on leases, The only chance will be with private land owners and most of that is already taken up.

You will now need to pay for it by the day and be accompanied or its looking that way.

I do take guests out and mentor them myself but I limit them to who I know .

Regards

Stuart

Edited by Caprelous