Out Ratting

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cxvx

One of my images cropped right in I took of rogue puds young Plummer hot on a rat split second after the one she had just nailed

Posted Images

Like to thank Pud and Neil (border ratters) for invite to one of there farms for a nights ratting. 

The farm in question was over the border into Scotland, this was a 200 mile round trip for me but travel is never a problem in search of Rattus.                                  We landed at farm and first hit for dogs was a small room maybe 7 mtr by 10 mtr. Anyways doors opened , dogs let loose and lights on .Pud quickly blocked escape routes at doors . Rats were fleeing all over , dogs were reeking carnage on the rats trying to make good there escape, in minutes the room was filled with dust off the crushed corn. Flashes of Neil's camera were constant as he was trying to capture the nights sport .                                                    Panting and sweating with all the exitement we managed to collect and count a total of 54 rats which were killed in 15 minutes or so.                               After another hr or so around farm we picked up another 31 making out total of 85. On way back to motors Collie picked of a rabbit we lamped in one of the fields , the white Night "Alf" joined in this run . Great night all dogs worked well and pulled of some great kills .Thanks again lads ATB Keith J. 

Edited by keith j
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...