Deadly Lamp Acebeam K50

Yes told them [bANNED TEXT] was wrong then asked me to post it to them I chased them up today and she have posted a new one back to me lets see how long it will take seem as if the led was buggered make sure you track it when you send it back

Thanks lea. Think mine is to. How do I get a tracking number. Never done it before?

Hope yours gets back to you sooner rather than later.

Thanks again.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back in. No import tax to start with Beam too tight? No way. if its in the field then a quick sweep will light it up. As good as a striker? Yes....and that's on the next to most powerful

Shiny......

Good stuff stabba, i was hoping it would be what you were expecting! Pound for pound far far better value than the lightforce and battery pack, not to mention the convienience of it being so small and

Posted Images

It's on your receipt you had from post office go online track my parcel easy

Thanks lea. Sorry for only just responding, I haven't had the time to send email or tourch back yet. Few things have happened in the last week which have had to take priority.

Email sent now lea. Waiting for a reply.

Edited by flipbull

Was out for a stroll last night with my K50 and it was working fine. Green light next to on/off button was on, on all settings, so in other words fully charged.

Puts it into my pocket as normal, didn't bang it or anything, next time I takes it from my pocket the LED was very very low. So tries it on all settings and they are all basically the same, very dull. Strobe is still stobing but just the same. Even though green light is on to say it's fully charged, which it should of been as it was on over night.

So when I gets home I took batteries out and charged them 2 at a time in another headlight with same size batteries. Put them back in the tourch and it is exactly the same. Very dull light.

If anyone can give me any ideas what this could be, would be much appreciated.

Sounds like a knackered driver, possibly from putting batteries in the wrong way.

Contacted elaine@acebeam but cannot really understand her instructions

1st reply

Many thanks for your feedback.

May i know if the lamp tail showed green light?And if you tried to changed the other batteies to test lamp?Thanks for your kind advice in advance.
If you are questions please just let me know,thanks!
We will be waiting for your news
My answer
I have tried other batteries and tail light is green, indicating the batteries are charged.
2nd reply from elaine
Many thanks for your kind reply.
Noted your information and we suggest you may use 4 batteries,would you please do me a favor that use 4 batteries without PCB to test again?Thanks for your kind help in advance.
If you are questions please just let me know,thanks!
My reply
I don't understand?
3rd reply from elaine
Many thanks for your kind reply.
My mean is that try with another 4pcs battery, which without PCB to test the K50, we warried if the PCB protect the current of battery then can not release much power.
​The PCB means protect circuit board, which use to protect the battery with no overcharging and no over-discharging, K50 is a powerful torch and need more current from the battery.
​Please kind let me know the next test result.
​Hope to hear from you
​Thanks and best regards
Elaine
If anyone can explain what she is trying to say and what would this test prove?
I have tried 4 different batteries from a friend but don't know wether they where PCB protected or not. Tourch was the same dull light that you can look at with the naked eye and tail light green.
I am no good when it comes to circuit boards, power, currents, batteries, volts, amps etc. So any help on this one would be much appreciated.

Edited by flipbull
  • Like 1

The batteries that acebeam supply with the lamp are protected by pcb, if they aren't adaquit they shouldn't be supplying them!! Dont buy sny other batteries just to test it, 18650 batts are expensive!

Send this reply to her if you think it is suitable,

Elaine i have now tried both pcb protected batteries that you supplied to me with the lamp, i am assuming they are sufficient as they came with the torch direct from acebeam and are apparently a market leader in 18650 cells. I also purchased four 18650 cells to test the lamp as you requested. When both sets of cells are charged fully all cells are reading between 4.1 and 4.2 volts. When i try either set of batteries it makes no difference to the output of the lamp and im not willing to invest anymore money into buying batteries to do tests as im not experienced with led'd or there drivers. My lamp is currently of no use to me and i would like it either repaired or replaced as soon as possible.

• Like 6

The batteries that acebeam supply with the lamp are protected by pcb, if they aren't adaquit they shouldn't be supplying them!! Dont buy sny other batteries just to test it, 18650 batts are expensive!

Elaine i have now tried both pcb protected batteries that you supplied to me with the lamp, i am assuming they are sufficient as they came with the torch direct from acebeam and are apparently a market leader in 18650 cells. I also purchased four 18650 cells to test the lamp as you requested. When both sets of cells are charged fully all cells are reading between 4.1 and 4.2 volts. When i try either set of batteries it makes no difference to the output of the lamp and im not willing to invest anymore money into buying batteries to do tests as im not experienced with led'd or there drivers. My lamp is currently of no use to me and i would like it either repaired or replaced as soon as possible.

excellent reply fox digger for helping a member out :yes:

Fair play to you man :victory:

• Like 1

I will send this reply to elaine foxdigger. You are good man. Thankyou for taking your time in writing the above. I appreciate it mate.

• Like 1

excellent reply fox digger for helping a member out :yes:

Fair play to you man :victory:

Agreed Hawki.

Email copied and pasted. Hopefully this will quiken up the proccess :thumbs:

Good to know there is still a man that will go out of his way for you with nothing to gain from it himself. Thanks Foxdigger. I will let you know how I get on mate.

No problem mate, hopefully you will be up and running again shortly,

Atb and keep us posted!

• Like 1

Good to know there is still a man that will go out of his way for you with nothing to gain from it himself. Thanks Foxdigger. I will let you know how I get on mate.

No problem mate, hopefully you will be up and running again shortly,

Atb and keep us posted!

Recieved email mate and this is what she has said

Many thanks for your information.

In order to solve the problem as soon as possible,may i know where are you bought from?Many thanks for your kind advice in advance.

If you're questions please just let me know,thanks!

Hope to hear from you

Best regards

Did she not read your name!!! Lol, remind her that you bought it directly from acebeam and it was posted directly to your address in the uk!!! I think elaine is a few sandwiches short of the picnic tbh!! Let her know you were one of the people in the group purchase, purchased by me!!

Did she not read your name!!! Lol, remind her that you bought it directly from acebeam and it was posted directly to your address in the uk!!! I think elaine is a few sandwiches short of the picnic tbh!! Let her know you were one of the people in the group purchase, purchased by me!!

I will look at my old messages and try and find your name mate to mention if that's ok with you. Was it 18 tourches you purchased mate? We all got a 2 year warranty card, might take a pic and send her that by email to. Elaine is deffo 2 short fd lol.

Sent her email mate

Edited by flipbull