Variation For A Foxing Riffle

Hey Gaz. That last photo looks like Marty Feldman. :icon_eek:

Where has Marty gone? ;)

Who's Marty lol ??

Your post had an extra photo when I checked earlier today. It was of the fox's head. His eyes were popping out as a result of the shot. It did bear a striking resemblance to the late Marty Feldman. :laugh:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have to say I still get surprised with the knock Down power and accuracy of the .22-250

Out of curiosity, do you actually need to shoot out to 300 very often?   On the foxes I tend to find it is only the odd opportunist shot I have to take anything much past 200 yards, the vast majorit

A hornet is a bloody good fox round, mine (a cz 527) would group a ragged one hole group with homeloads, and that is the key to the hornet, however get yourself a .222 and you will have one of the mos

Posted Images

A lot less powder and much better barrel life and a lot less kick

Gaz

At the risk of sounding silly, is it possible to buy preformed .223 AI brass?

No it isn't but mine shot just as good with fire form load as it did with ackley you just lose about 100 fps from a standard 223

I did use 40gr Norma to start with factory ammo at 3400 fps and first night out 5 foxes stone dead two at over 270 yards and that was lazared as well

Gaz

I'm putting in a variation for a foxing riffle just in two minds which to go for I was thinking cz 527 in 223 1 in 9 twist just fort I'd see what other people are using thanks das

i have a hornet for fox out to 200 yds max very good round imo,but if you want to shoot further i recently spoke to a proffessional fox controller and the best dedicated fox rifle he uses is a 204 cal , very little recoil, very flat and fast and he rekons affected less by wind than the .223..

I have Just put a variation in for one :thumbs:

LD

I'm putting in a variation for a foxing riffle just in two minds which to go for I was thinking cz 527 in 223 1 in 9 twist just fort I'd see what other people are using thanks das

i have a hornet for fox out to 200 yds max very good round imo,but if you want to shoot further i recently spoke to a proffessional fox controller and the best dedicated fox rifle he uses is a 204 cal , very little recoil, very flat and fast and he rekons affected less by wind than the .223..

LD

That's as maybe, and everyones situation/requirements are different.

But, by way of balance.

I am a professional fox controller as well, and I have a decent selection of fox tools, I have no use for a .204!

Edited by Deker

LD

That's as maybe, and everyones situation/requirements are different.

But, by way of balance.

I am a professional fox controller as well, and I have a decent selection of fox tools, I have no use for a .204!

May be the case in your situation, but in this guys ownership the rifle has accounted for 600+ fox over the past few years, so none can deny its effectiveness as a pest control tool.. just rememberthe old and wise saying---Beware the man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it.

LD

One gun for one job is perfect you learn to use it perfectly, the job becomes very easy, I know off record we have taken over 200 foxes a year for the last 3 years.

Nothing wrong with a 22-250 but to me a 223 is a better round

Gaz